Apple, stop giving us more apps!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amino Man, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Amino Man macrumors 6502

So, I already don't use Voice Memos, Compass and Stocks. Now, I'm going to have Game Center on my phone? I liked it better when I only had Apple apps on the first page, then the second page could be third party apps. Why can't we at least choose what native apps we want on our screen? I'm sick of unused apps just sitting there taking up places that useful apps could be.

Yes, I've tried folders, but I think folders are ugly looking. Just my opinion.

Gosh. I'm sooooo glad HDR isn't an extra app.

2. Salacion macrumors 6502a

I mean, it's not really a big deal, but it'd be cool to just have the option to manually install these apps, a-la iBooks. I never use Stocks.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We have this new, ugly iTunes X logo and you're harping on apps you don't use. Get your priorities straight. :rolleyes:

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

iTunes logo is fine. Steve is right, CD's are the past. Get over it. Technology is moving on. **** physical copy's.

On the other hand. I don't mind Apple apps but Stocks and Voice Memo's are completely useless. They could have added Voice Memo's like Voice Control, another shortcut. I use mostly all the Apple apps except those.

Game Center could be cool.

5. tuna macrumors 6502

IMO that the apps are there isn't as bad as the fact that we still don't have a great way of organizing them. Folders as they exist now are very inelegant and unApple. How many people's iPhones do you see where there first page is completely littered with folders? The folder icons look the same and ugly and its inefficient to have to read the name of the folders to get an idea of whats inside. Squinting at the mini-icons inside the folders is terrible, plus it only shows up to 9 of a possible 12 apps in there.

Give me customizable folder icons so I can mentally link an image to a category of app. And then I can have the turd-folder icon for voice memos and stocks.

6. aohus macrumors 68000

Given that the average iPhone user is a tweenster/teenster, I would probably agree with you, Stocks/Voice Memo's are completely useless for kids.

7. chembox macrumors 6502a

Just like the postage stamps on the Mail app are outdated? :rolleyes:

I agree CDs are outdated, but that doesn't mean you should remove something that many people can relate to instantly in replacement for a crappy and uninformative web 2.0 icon.

8. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

heres an easy fix go jailbreak or find a way to ssh
    then go into the /applications floder and delete apps you dont want and done
    Thats what i did

9. chembox macrumors 6502a

Or you could install SBSettings and hide certain apps from showing up on the springboard.

10. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

11. tuna macrumors 6502

Or for people who are actually investors, they probably have an app from their brokerage with much better information and layout than the Apple app, probably with integration into buying and selling shares.

For example, I have Fidelity's app which has real time quotes and automatically loads all the shares that I have in my portfolio.

Whether you are or an investor or not an investor, its useless.

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

This! maybe Game Center is not for you, but maybe the next app will be (like the printing app, maybe you don't want it to take space too).... It's always easier to remove something you don't like, but you can't create new apps from thin air....

13. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Plus if theywere going to replace it they shouldve gone all out, iTunes isn't just about music anymore. We got tv shows, movies, rentals, apps, books, podcasts, all kinds of content. They shouldve have just changed the name to istore and integrated apple.com into it as well and given it an icon with tue apple logo or something.

14. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

You are right and that pisses me off!!! you have these kids from rich families that don't appreciate the technology(iPhone) thats in their hands! I am 13 and every summer i mow people yards so i can afford the next iPhone! so far i have had the 3G, 3GS, and now the 4. anyways now im raking leaves so i can get the new iPad with facetime next year

15. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Nice entrepreneur,
    but, I have to ask you do you pay your monthly plan or data too? how much do you charge?

16. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

nope i will admit my dad pays that for me because he said if i buy the phone he'll pay the bill but he wont pay the bill for a 3g ipad so i'll just have to get a wifi but thats ok with me

17. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I had a feeling (if not that would have been some crazy $ for mowing lawns in a summer period), but at least since you paid for the hardware you take care of it more than the other kids will (I hope so) and learned w/ sweat the hard work to get $ for stuff you want.... Even so, your dad pays the extra money for the data plan (my guess you still in the unlimited?) and for a 13y/olds phone that is a lot of $! I didn't have 3G data until 3rd year in college so appreciate it. :)

18. aohus macrumors 68000

you probably represent .01% of the kids that use iPhone with regards to responsibility.

most iPhone tweens/tweensters are spoiled rotten.

19. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Can always do what probably many of us have done... If its not used it goes in a folder on the last page... Then it does not take up any space and barely have to look at it.

20. azhava macrumors regular

Exactly what I do. I have a folder called "Stuff" which houses the Stocks app (have never once used it), the standard Weather app (much better weather apps out there), etc. I imagine the Game Center app will go right in there too. The apps take up virtually no room that way and I don't have to even look at them if I don't open the folder.

21. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Yeah, i know a girl who just bought the iPhone 4 just cuz, dropped it about 7 times (the front and back glass is broken cuz she didn't want a case), and then just threw it in a drawer and went back to her Blackberry.

All while I'm waiting to get the freakin' phone (waiting on the white one and for them to solve the problems, or will just switch to Verizon in Jan).

22. MacJones macrumors 6502

I stick all of my unused Apple apps in a folder and put it on the last page by itself.

23. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I made a folder called Apple, works great.

24. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I do agree with what one poster said in another thread that Game Centre should be available to download manually from the app store that way it can be updated from there and more frequently. Otherwise it's only going to be updated on point updates.

25. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Am I the only one who thinks the blue circle looks like another CD? That was the first thing that came to my mind when he showed it on the big screen.