Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.2.2 Following Release of iOS 13.2.3

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the release of iOS 13.2.3 on November 18, Apple has stopped signing iOS 13.2.2, which means downgrading to this version of iOS is no longer possible.

iOS 13.2.2 was a bug fix update that addressed an issue that caused some apps to quit unexpectedly in the background, which led to more frequent than normal refresh times for apps like Safari, YouTube, and more.

Apple routinely stops signing older versions of software updates after new releases come out in order to encourage customers to keep their operating systems up to date.

iOS 13.2.3 is the current publicly available version of iOS, and is another bug fix update that includes fixes for search, the Messages apps, background downloading, Mail, and more.

Developers and public beta testers can also download iOS 13.3, an upcoming update that introduces Communication Limits for Screen Time and a handful of other tweaks and changes.

Article Link: Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.2.2 Following Release of iOS 13.2.3

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

GeoStructural

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Still rockin' 12.4.1
When will 13 finally get stable enough?
It's getting there. It is pretty stable with me but I still get nasty bugs with the Mail app and my front camera stopped working (showing black screen) for about 5 days!

DailySlow

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2015
Northern Virginia

Following the release of iOS 13.2.3 on November 18, Apple has stopped signing iOS 13.2.2, which means downgrading to this version of iOS is no longer possible.

iOS 13.2.2 was a bug fix update that addressed an issue that caused some apps to quit unexpectedly in the background, which led to more frequent than normal refresh times for apps like Safari, YouTube, and more.

Apple routinely stops signing older versions of software updates after new releases come out in order to encourage customers to keep their operating systems up to date.

iOS 13.2.3 is the current publicly available version of iOS, and is another bug fix update that includes fixes for search, the Messages apps, background downloading, Mail, and more.

Developers and public beta testers can also download iOS 13.3, an upcoming update that introduces Communication Limits for Screen Time and a handful of other tweaks and changes.

Article Link: Apple Stops Signing iOS 13.2.2 Following Release of iOS 13.2.3
Well, for me sharing a web page via signal right from safari fails and signal stops. BUT pasting in url after launching app works. Not good.

CanyonLizard

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2014
Chicago
I am one of those that are experiencing problems with the current iOS. Mail is still broken. When I get notification that there’s an email and I click on it the mail app freezes for a few seconds. Happens every single time.
I’ve had that same freeze for a few seconds, just while clicking, scrolling, zooming, etc. in Safari, Mail, Messages, Photos, Notes, and Settings. I have an iPhone XS and I’ve only encountered this freeze in various versions of iOS 13, but never once in iOS 12.

Reactions: jezbd1997

jezbd1997

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2015
Melbourne Australia
It’s pretty much all stable now
Sorry no its very far from it. I would pay to get iOS 12 on my 11 Pro.
I get random freezes even on the home screen and my new phone gets hot on the odd occasion.
I've not had so many freezes since iOS 7 days. It's terrible.
Even just now I'm getting random lock screen glitches when dragging down notification centre.
My iPhone 7 on 12.4.1 runs heaps better

Reactions: B4U and ThomasJL

fireboy60013

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2019
The only issue I have had is with the mail app, and it only affects my work email so that is just fine with me, since I will not use my work laptop at all anymore, if I can’t access the work email, I don’t have to do my job properly and get paid for doing nothing. It can stay that way. A job is not a priority.

GlenK

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Only issue I still have is mail loading consistently. Almost never matches the badge icon showing number of emails. Sometimes opens right up and loads, sometimes a few seconds delay. Almost never all emails there immediately opened. (8+)

fireboy60013

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2019
That’s the only issue I have, and it only affects my work email so that’s golden. It can stay that way so I don’t get work done.

lkrupp

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2004
Still rockin' 12.4.1
When will 13 finally get stable enough?
Many say iOS 12 is the biggest pile of crap ever foisted on users. What’s your point? Every release of every version of iOS is declared a piece of crap by many. Let’s face it, technology isn’t for everyone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Many say iOS 12 is the biggest pile of crap ever foisted on users. What’s your point? Every release of every version of iOS is declared a piece of crap by many. Let’s face it, technology isn’t for everyone.
Not that it's relevant to this particular thread, but many say that about iOS 12? Based on what?