Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fdw777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Is there a problem with the Apple online store. When I click on my "Bag" to check out I get this message.

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable​

Also noticed that there is not stock showing up from the brick and mortar stores????

Last edited:

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Confirmed. They have an issue!

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 12.37.28 PM.png

fdw777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Working again....But weird issues.

Last edited:

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Is there a problem with the Apple online store. When I click on my "Bag" to check out I get this message.

Also noticed that there is not stock showing up from the brick and mortar stores????

I am still experiencing this issue! When I switch my MacBook Air wi-fi connection to use the hotspot from my iPhone on Verizon the Apple Online Store has no issues. However, when I switch to use the connection through my ISP I encounter issues with no stock showing up at brick & mortar stores and can't access the shopping bag 503 error. My ISP is Spectrum and I am using the Eero Pro 6e router with advanced security turned on. Tried turning it off and the errors still persist. I am running the MacOS Ventura on my MacBook Air and using Safari. I just checked on my iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.0.2 and using Safari the Apple Online Store works without issues. I tried other computers and they all do 503 error in Safari or Chrome when you click on the shopping bag.

Last edited:

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I am still experiencing this issue! When I switch my MacBook Air wi-fi connection to use the hotspot from my iPhone on Verizon the Apple Online Store has no issues. However, when I switch to use the connection through my ISP I encounter issues with no stock showing up at brick & mortar stores and can't access the shopping bag 503 error. My ISP is Spectrum and I am using the Eero Pro 6e router with advanced security turned on. Tried turning it off and the errors still persist. I am running the MacOS Ventura on my MacBook Air and using Safari. I just checked on my iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.0.2 and using Safari the Apple Online Store works without issues. I tried other computers and they all do 503 error in Safari or Chrome when you click on the shopping bag.

The issue seems to caused by my ISP Spectrum. When private relay is enabled I do not encounter the 503 error and can access the shopping bag with my MacBook Air. Once I disable private relay the issue returns. I have private relay enabled on my iPhone is why I did not experience the issue.

Last edited:

TrumanK8

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2022
I have been experience this problem for a couple of days now.

Cannot access apple store shopping bag, which means I cannot purchase anything online. I don't have the private relay turned on, but still encountered this problem.

Reactions: max2

ifarlow

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Georgia
I'm on Spectrum and I too have the 503 error issue. Apple says to call but when I do I'm told I have to purchase online as a Veteran. Therefore, I am unable to purchase any Apple products. Brilliant.

Nobleg

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2022
St Charles, MO
Having same issue, can not access the checkout bag without getting
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable, I Do have Spectrum, I don't have a spectrum router or wifi, using the Netgear Orbi Router/Wifi.
Have talked to Spectrum, have talked to Netgear, and I've just finished talking to Apple.

The results were, Humm, must be Spectrum, must be Apple, and it must be the Router (netgear).

Bottom line, Six hours on the phone, and it just won't work unless I Tether my iPhone as an access point, then the computer will see that there is nothing wrong with the apple web site.

Apple wrote up a detailed notes, and will see if people up the chain can figure something out.

Have nowhere to turn.

AT&T is the iPhone network, for Tethering.

ifarlow

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Georgia
...I Do have Spectrum, I don't have a spectrum router or wifi, using the Netgear Orbi Router/Wifi...
This is my setup as well, and I just noticed a few minutes ago that I could get to the shopping bag, but then as soon as I tried to do anything with the pile of items in the bag (because I kept trying over and over again for days to make purchases), I got the 503 error once again. So for the moment, in my slice of the world, it's intermittent at best.

computater

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
UPDATEUPDATE: coming back a day later it again 503'd; had to wipe Chrome history, hard reboot Mac Mini, get back on VPN, then reopen Chrome. At that point I had 3 iPads in my shopping bag 🙄
UPDATE: I just tried PIA VPN and was able to open shopping bag. VPN was going through Houston, I am on Spectrum.

I was on chat with apple about this today, attempting to order an iPad. Tech didn't seem to know there was an issue and tried sending me a link, emailing me a link, having me try safari instead of Chrome. Nothing worked.

Last edited:

Chrysalis99

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2021
Been trying for 3 days and still getting

EDIT: swap my connection to iPhone hotspot and no problems. Got order in and checked out as normal. ISP is Spectrum. This is a new problem as I just ordered 2 weeks ago and everything worked as it should. Hotspot is ATT. Guess this is a Spectrum issue?

EDIT #2: same error on iPhone via ISP. Tried via ATT and site works fine. Very strange since this just started.

Attachments

• D6AE68DB-12FB-47DB-9064-417EC67FBD0D.jpeg
    D6AE68DB-12FB-47DB-9064-417EC67FBD0D.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelMidnight

gham

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2009
SoCal
Same issue (since approx. Wednesday, last week)... my ISP is Spectrum Business, using Safari browser, on a Ubiquity UDM-based network/router... had no problem(s), however, on iPhone XS Max w/latest OS update so I successfully placed my order from there. This has gotta be costing apple big time!

Last edited:

MeadP

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2022
Same issue with Spectrum ISP. I turned on my private relay and changed my IP location to: use country and time zone. Then my Apple store bag work.

Chrysalis99

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2021
Same issue (since approx. Wednesday, last week)... my ISP is Spectrum Business, using Safari browser, on a Ubiquity UDM-based network/router... had no problem(s), however, on iPhone XS Max w/latest OS update so I successfully placed my order from there. This has gotta be costing apple big time!

I also have Spectrum Business at my office. Came in this morning and tried to connect to my bag and same issue. I had the others try from various machines and everyone gets the same error. PC, MacBook or iPad didn’t matter, everyone getting 503. Obviously this is not device specific.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.