Apple Store Bend Test!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megapopular, Sep 27, 2014.

1. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't it be crazy if lots of people started doing bend tests at busy Apple Stores? You'd probably get thrown out and/or arrested for destroying property but it would be funny in a messed up way if they had a whole bunch of bent iPhone 6's on display.

2. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Good point! I would not be surprised at all if this starts happening.

3. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

The other day at my apple store all of the display 6 plus's were bent. Kids keep picking them up and bending them. In all fairness though, I picked up a 6 plus and gave it a little pressure and felt a crack. Was curious and amazed at how easy it was to bend a 6 plus.

4. Anastasio macrumors newbie

So, I registered for this forum yesterday. So far, it seems like 70% of the people on here are no older than 17 years old. Ill show my way out the door and hope to find a better forum. Thanks for the time here.

5. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Yes sometimes the logic is not strong around here.

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Yeah, I'm very sure you did.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Pics or it didn't happen.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, don't go. Yes, what you observe could be true, but it is very entertaining nevertheless. Just don't take it personally.

9. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Wow, thanks for calling me old. I'm 15 and a half, thank you very much!!

10. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

i aM 12 yaers old,,,,,,, and wat iz tihs????!?? :eek:

/s (I'm 24)

11. lke macrumors 6502a

It is fair to test something before you buy.

If you can't bend the iphone 6 + like the video the test has passed.

You can ask the apple sales people that because you doubt about the bend test you need to do a personal test.

12. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I find your post 100% impossible to believe. I just got my iPhone 6 Plus and went to the Apple store to get the Product Red leather case and Applecare. I tested 4 demos trying to bend them to see how much pressure it took. Couldn't bend any of them. I'm a big guy with big hands.

13. cynics macrumors G3

People are already doing it! There is a thread about it.

It won't be long before there is either an employee whose only job is to stare at the iPhone 6s to make sure no one does that. Or they are bolted to the table.

A lot of people won't think of the consequences of destroying Apple property.

14. HenryDJP macrumors 603

LOL, thank you so much for posting this. It totally explains the quality of many of the posts around here. :)

15. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Kids can't bend iPhones. :p

16. MrX8503 macrumors 68000

Reminds me of when people purposely scratched iPhone 5s display models. Don't be an ******* and damage property.

17. lke macrumors 6502a

It is ok if the kids do the test in the Apple store but imagine in your own house the kids trying to bend your iphone that would be sad.

Also because of this Apple will have to build a stronger iphone 6 + and in the end customers are the ones that will have a better product.

18. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Why is it okay for the kids to do the test in the Apple store? Is it because Apple's demos don't come out of your wallet, so it's not a big deal if customers damage them? Are you guys kidding? OMG. :rolleyes:
    There's nothing worse than going into a store to try something out and the customer's damaged them, like the Beats headphones.

19. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

This, my friends, is exhibit 1 in the indictment against a culture of entitlement and the "Nike" attitude.

It is ok to attempt to damage someone else's property, but not in your own house.

Let me suggest that it would be sad UNLESS you paid and own the iPhone you are testing. In THAT case, and THAT case alone, it is OK to do the bend test. Because you OWN it you can do with it whatever you want.

If you don't own it, then keep your hands off it. And if you do touch it, treat it with care and do not damage it. It is rude, and possibly even illegal.

Sheesh.

20. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

I got a 14 yo that could bend a plus. I didn't have to put too much on a display model to make it warp. Trust me, go to an apple store and lay a display 6 plus on a flat surface. They will all probably rock.

21. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Are you serious? How about I come over and bend your crap. But it's ok, not mine so who cares.

22. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

Actually, it is not okay for kids, or adults for that matter, to be bending phones anywhere. Not unless it's their own property and they are prepared to face any possible consequences of doing so.

If iPhone 6s bending on their own was an actual problem, they would be bending under normal usage. Going out of your way to bend them doesn't prove anything. (Not saying whether Bendgate is real or not, but if it is, we will know soon enough if and when owners start returning/exchanging their iPhones en masse).

23. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

The 17 year olds tend to get bored about a month after each product launch. Generally, December to August is a good time to be on these forums.

24. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Most smartphone will bend if you do it intentionally. None will stand up to a deliberate attempt to abuse the device.

This whole thing is blown way out of proportion, but then that is what you would expect here.

25. Anastasio macrumors newbie

haha, thanks. I know this is probably a pretty good forum and most of these **** posts are just from the interest generated from the launch. I just got my 6 and have been excited, so I've been cruising the net looking for different community's to see everyone's experience with the new phone and iOS. So, technically I am one of those people. The past several days have been my first experience with the online apple community, so it's been my first impression is all.

On a lighter note, I found out from these forums that I can have more than one fingerprint access my phone (duh). I was so excited to learn this! When I'd be smoking a cig, I usually have the cig in my right hand and use the phone with my left. So, I'd pull out my phone from my left pocket and have to do some movements to get my right thumb on the phone. 1st world smoker problems right? But then, I learned I can save up to 5 prints. Now I got both thumbs and my gf's thumb ready to go. So much better!