Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone.

This Monday (10th of August) i was at the Apple Store, located in Istanbul, Turkey for a problem on my iPhone 11 screen. You can click on the link below for the details:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/odd-yellow-marks-on-my-iphone-11-screen.2249023/

Anyway my problem has been solved but this is not the matter i want to express you all.

While an employee at the Apple Store was trying to diagnose the problem we had a little chat and started talking about the Apple’s upcoming iPhones (iPhone 12).

I said him i am going to upgrade my iPhone 11 to the 5.4” iPhone 12 when it comes out in Fall 2020 as iPhone 11 is not appropriate for one-hand use.

He then told me Apple’s upcoming iPhones will have flat-edges design like the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.

So what this means for me is Apple (Store) officially confirms the iPhone 12 will come with flat-edges.

What do you think? Leave your comment and share your thoughts. ?

Jtludwig

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
Hello everyone.

This Monday (10th of August) i was at the Apple Store, located in Istanbul, Turkey for a problem on my iPhone 11 screen. You can click on the link below for the details:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/odd-yellow-marks-on-my-iphone-11-screen.2249023/

Anyway my problem has been solved but this is not the matter i want to express you all.

While an employee at the Apple Store was trying to diagnose the problem we had a little chat and started talking about the Apple’s upcoming iPhones (iPhone 12).

I said him i am going to upgrade my iPhone 11 to the 5.4” iPhone 12 when it comes out in Fall 2020 as iPhone 11 is not appropriate for one-hand use.

He then told me Apple’s upcoming iPhones will have flat-edges design like the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.

So what this means for me is Apple (Store) officially confirms the iPhone 12 will come with flat-edges.

What do you think? Leave your comment and share your thoughts.

Sorry but this doesn’t officially mean anything.

The employee in question knows nothing more about the next iPhone than you or me and gets his information on it from the same place we do..the internet.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Hello everyone.

Apple didn’t officially confirm anything. An employee gave his personal opinion and nothing more.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Sorry but this doesn’t officially mean anything.

The employee in question knows nothing more about the next iPhone than you or me and gets his information on it from the same place we do..the internet.
I see. ?

I actually thought employees at an Apple Store know more than us about upcoming Apple products.

... but i may be wrong, of course.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Hello everyone.

What do you think? Leave your comment and share your thoughts.

Retail employees are usually not informed of any corporate decisions or new products so far in advance. The story is either made up or the person you spoke to is repeating a rumour to you stated as a fact.

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
Thats great man we shall all come together in here and proceed with the anticipation and excitement of the upcoming iPhone 12

I do see what the excitement is all about plus hearing it from an Apple employee would add suspense even more ?

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
The employee might be a member on here lol. But most times I have been to the Apple store they look absolute clueless. Most of them look half asleep most of the time. But on a serious note the employee surely is in some sort of breach of his contract even if he did know he would not be allowed to disclose this kind of information to the public.

cr2

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I very good friend of mine who worked at Apple store for 7-8 years told me that if they are lucky then they would know on the previous night or the same as the rest of us. However, they learn about it from Macrumors (due to accidental early delivery or a report from Australia). They also cannot buy it before the general public.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I see. ?

I actually thought employees at an Apple Store know more than us about upcoming Apple products.

... but i may be wrong, of course.

No offence to such employees, but they’re just retail workers. They definitely don’t have access to inside information about future products.

Reactions: murad_fourth

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
I have read all the comments you kind forum members left here.

And now i know that an Apple Store employee don’t know more than what we know actually. OK. ?

Thank you all, guys.

tills24

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
I work with a few folks that came to us directly from the Apple Store. All they're told is what days they can't take vacations, so they assume launches will be around that time. But as others above have said, Apple keeps the Apple Store folks just as in the dark as they keep the public.

cipher29

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
I don't even consider Apple Retail employees "Apple" employees.. They are Apple Retail Employees.. Same as a front line McDonalds workers have zero idea what's going on at McDonald's corporate. Not trying to marginalize them as people, but they work retail (which I did for many years btw).

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't even consider Apple Retail employees "Apple" employees.. They are Apple Retail Employees.. Same as a front line McDonalds workers have zero idea what's going on at McDonald's corporate. Not trying to marginalize them as people, but they work retail (which I did for many years btw).

Haha. You nailed it. Apple employees have zero inside information whatsoever. I’ve even had Apple employees tell me directly that they are completely kept in the dark about anything Apple related, let alone that they can’t even participate on rumored website for discussions, as it’s against their policy/procedures. I’m inclined to believe a $.10 snitch that works out of Foxconn than I would an Apple employee out of Cupertino. 😁

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
He probably keeps up with the rumors like the rest of us on here. Well except for the op apparently :p

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hello everyone.

Nothing is confirmed until Apple officially announces it. Technically, employee at Apple Store are like among other people and won't know. Even if they know, they signed the NDA when hired so they technically shouldn't be discussing about any unannounced products.

Reactions: TiggrToo

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Hello everyone.

Agree with others. He’s getting his info the same way as us schmucks get it via rumors sites and YouTubers. He knows future Apple tech just as much as the janitor at McDonald’s.
[automerge]1597377352[/automerge]
Ha i used McDonald analogy too haha

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I would say Apple store employees have about as much knowledge about the iPhone 12 as us here. They read the same articles and watch the same YouTube videos. Sorry OP, but you didn’t get a scoop with this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.