Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone.

I bought my iPhone 11 in October 2019 and i started seeing two odd yellow marks on my iPhone 11 screen since May-June 2020.

I don’t know exactly when it appeared on the screen but i guess likely May 2020.

What is strange is it appears in white screen (and light colour screens) and disappeares in black or dark colour screens. For example, it is not visible in dark mode or any website which uses dark backgrounds but visible in MacRumors Forum (as its background is white).

Here is a photo:

2B0F7576-8160-4961-9769-9A7F5AEA8E96.jpeg

What the reason may be? If i take my iPhone 11 to Apple Store, will they replace it with a new one?

Thank you for your comments.

Last edited:

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
+ You can see the screen in dark mode in which the yellow marks disappear:

75E7F385-A3B6-481E-AE2A-19556BD79A2D.jpeg

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Hello everyone.

I bought my iPhone 11 in October 2019 and i started seeing two odd yellow marks on my iPhone 11 screen since May-June 2020.

I don’t know exactly when it appeared on the screen but i guess likely May 2020.

What is strange is it appears in white screen (and light colour screens) and disappeares in black or dark colour screens. For example, it is not visible in dark mode or any website which uses dark backgrounds but visible in MacRumors Forum (as its background is white).

Here is a photo:

View attachment 941572

What the reason may be? If i take my iPhone 11 to Apple Store, will they replace it with a new one?

Thank you for your comments.
If you take it to an Apple Store, they’ll troubleshoot and try to diagnose the issue. Then they will let you know what your options are.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Could it be water damage? Because i washed my iPhone 11 under the sink with soap many times because of the coronavirus. ?
Yes. You shouldn’t have done that. You could have disinfected your phone without getting it wet in any way. In the future, use a product like phonesoap.com It only takes a few moments and doesn’t hurt your phone in any way.

Last edited:

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Pressure marks from the battery swelling, perhaps? Let us know what Apple say for future reference.

my iPhone 8 Plus had a similar one in the top left of the screen. It never got any worse and was barely noticeable so I just left it.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I won’t say them that, of course. 🙂 By the way, i have an appointment now, this monday, at 14:30. Let’s see what Apple will say about this... I will let you all know.
Apple is able to tell when a phone has liquid water damage without you saying a word. It's something they would routinely check for using the built-in Liquid Contact Indicators.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Apple is able to tell when a phone has liquid water damage without you saying a word. It's something they would routinely check for using the built-in Liquid Contact Indicators.

I checked and saw that Liquid Contact Indicators (LCIs) colour in my iPhone 11 is not red. So this means that my device did not contact water or a liquid containing water.

I really wonder what Apple will say about it in Monday.

Last edited:

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Pressure marks from the battery swelling, perhaps? Let us know what Apple say for future reference.

my iPhone 8 Plus had a similar one in the top left of the screen. It never got any worse and was barely noticeable so I just left it.
I don’t think so because my battery rarely becomes hot and has 97% battery health. So i don’t think this odd yellow marks are caused by the iPhone’s battery.

If Apple asks me to leave the phone at the Apple Store for a couple of days in order to diagnose the issue, i will make the same thing you did, i will leave it as it is and won’t give my iPhone 11 to Apple.

Because it is not a big problem and doesn’t prevent me from using the phone. ?

Reactions: Helmsley

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone. I said i’d inform you all about what happened at the Apple Store in Monday (today).

I took my iPhone 11 to the Apple Store and they diagnosed the issue and they told it is screen damage.

And the action taken by Apple is screen replacement for free.

Now i got my iPhone 11 back and it has a new screen now. The problem has been solved.

Thank you everybody for your kind interests.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Congratulations @murad_fourth. Happy to hear it worked out in your favor. Going forward, please don't wash your phone under the faucet. Just wipe it gently with a slightly damp soft cloth.

Reactions: murad_fourth
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.