Apple Store Down Ahead of iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Pre-Orders

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's online store is down in anticipation of iPhone 11 series pre-orders, which begin at the unusual time of 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time this year.

Arguably favoring the east coast this time around, Apple's U.S. storefront placeholder currently reads: "Staying up late is so last year. The good news is, now you don't have to. This year, pre-order begins at 5:00 a.m. PDT. See you then."

Apple unveiled the iPhone 11 on September 10 with new colors, a dual-lens camera, improved durability, and a faster A13 chip than last year's iPhone XR, which it replaces.

The successors to the 2018 iPhone XS series are called iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, and feature triple-lens cameras, A13 chips, faster Face ID, Night Mode, shatter resistant glass, improved water resistance and more.

The iPhone 11 is priced at $699 for 64GB of storage, with 128GB of storage available for $749 and 256GB of storage available for $849. iPhone Upgrade Program pricing is available, as are trade-ins to lower prices.

The iPhone 11 Pro is priced at $999 for 64GB of storage, $1149 for 256GB of storage, and $1349 for 512GB of storage. The iPhone 11 Pro Max offers the same storage tiers at price points $100 higher than iPhone 11 pricing ($1099, $1249, and $1449).

Customers who successfully place an order for launch day delivery should receive their devices on Friday, September 20, which is the official release date for the new devices.

Looking further ahead, rumors suggest Apple is planning to release three 5G-capable iPhones in 2020, but in new sizes. Apple is said to be working on 5.4 and 6.7-inch high-end iPhones with OLED displays, which would presumably be the devices to adopt the rumored 3D-capable rear camera systems, and a lower-cost 6.1-inch model with an OLED display.

Are you getting a new iPhone this year or waiting for 2020? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

Article Link: Apple Store Down Ahead of iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Pre-Orders

ck2875

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
I’m thinking I’ll go with whatever variation of space gray this turns out to be for the 11 Pro. I debated the midnight green but I think I would get tired of the green and if I end up putting it in a case, I don’t think the green camera array looks very good paired with a lot of case colors.

mike...

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
I'm going to be a little sad if they launch a 5.4" phone next year. I'm on an iPhone 6 now and can't make it last another year due to various issues, and the fact it is no longer receiving iOS updates. I'm buying a midnight green 11 Pro this year, mainly because it's smaller than the iPhone 11.

dantracht

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Out of interest what did the XS have over the X that made it a worthwhile upgrade that the 11 Pro doesn’t have over the XS?
In retrospect, not that much. I just mindlessly upgraded every year because I felt I had to have the latest and greatest. This year I’m just not feeling it. What I have works quite well for my needs. So I’m just getting off the upgrade train. Will definitely upgrade next year, but I’m just not motivated this year.

rmoliv

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2017
Some people some place around the globe will have to stay up late I guess. It opens at 1 pm here. Last year I didn’t get any sleep to order at 8 am.

Reactions: Kris28

Yourbigpalal83

macrumors regular
May 22, 2015
I cant afford the phone today but after the first of the month i should be able to..Im still debating on when to get it. I'm in dire need of an Ipad, and i keep going back and forth between trading in my xs max 256 gig and getting a smaller pro, or getting an ipad mini 5 fully specked out and maybe by the end of the year if they come out get a updated pro, then first of the year if the trade in value holds get the 11 pro and maybe the watch... still debating on what order i want to do it, but im considering going with the smaller phone because as much as i love my max, it is too big to use comfortably for a long time...

what are your thoughts?

rjtyork

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I’m sticking with my iPhone 8+ for another year. A mophie battery case makes me feel like the days could never be long enough to drain my phone and it’s still plenty powerful for everything I use it for. There is a chance I might even skip the 2020 phones if they still aren’t compelling enough, but the iPhone 11 does look tempting at that price. That’s less than what I paid for my iPhone 8+. Holy monkey balls. Tech IS getting cheaper?!