Apple Store down. Haswell MacBook Pro release?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blue Ivy, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ivy macrumors member

The Apple Store is down right now. Could we be getting the Haswell MacBook Pro in the morning?

[​IMG]

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Thought about maintenance routines to the Store's servers?

3. mactumors macrumors 6502

Thought about maintenance to the NEW MACBOOK PROS?! :eek:

----------

But seriously... do they usually do maintenance on Thurs/Fri?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not a product update. It's routine maintenance. If I had a nickel for every one of these threads, which pop up every time Apple does maintenance...

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

A Friday release? Apple almost always does Tuesday or Wednesday because of the weekly news cycle.

The main exception being WWDC where the keynote is generally on a Monday because it's at the start of an all-week conference.

If the store were down at 6am on a Tuesday then it might be something worth getting excited about.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I think we should have a thread filter that automatically trashes threads that include: Apple Store down

7. MacReloaded macrumors 6502

MacReloaded

They usually do maintenance at this time. During new product releases, the store goes down overnight in the west coast and is open again at 5:30 AM PT. The new 5th generation iPod touch 16 GB was released at an odd time though (by 4 AM ET).

8. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

just routine maintenance :D
    new version will come on october

9. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Does nobody realise that apple has these things called KEYNOTES for this type of thing? this does not mean that there is a new macbook it just means someone got their hopes up.:rolleyes:

10. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

That would be great... or a single thread/indicator that alerts when it's down.

11. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Apple doesn't do keynotes for all product announcements, especially updates to existing product lines. The last dedicated Mac keynote event was in 2010 to introduce the Air redesign and to preview 10.7. Since then any time Macs have been updated at a keynote it was just because they were having a keynote anyway for another reason.

The 2011 MBPs, Airs, Mac Minis, and iMacs were all released as website updates if I recall correctly.

12. Blue Ivy thread starter macrumors member

The store has been down for just over four hours. Does routine maintenance usually take this long?

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes. If you want to see how this conversation usually goes, read a few of the dozens of "Apple Store Down" threads. They're usually filled with wild speculation about product releases until a few hours later when the store opens and nothing has changed. Here's just one of 40+ such threads in the past year:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1462130

14. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Maybe a new promotion: You get a free Surface RT if you buy a copy of Office for Mac ;)

15. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

Yeah. It's just routine. Happens all the time. No reason to get excited. If I had a nickel every time... But you will have to excuse us if this "routine" shutdowns happen during the rare time that everybody is anxiously awaiting a overdue product like a 2nd generation rMBP. Something we are hoping will be released at any moment. In that kind of situation, seeing that the Apple Store system is down for 6+ hours gives us legitimate hope. Worth discussing.

16. Tomerco macrumors member

Last time it took so long it was the macbook air update...
    i really have my finger crossed for a release!

17. gerwitz macrumors newbie

Fooled me.

I miss living on the west coast, where I never even noticed these maintenance periods. Here in Europe I just went to buy a Macbook (I know, but I cannot wait) and got all excited for a moment that it might be Haswell time.

18. mitchellm macrumors newbie

19. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Oh well, but Friday? Really? Has there been any significant silent hardware releases on a Friday? Often with these store down times something does change but it's pretty minor, like some marketing material is changed.

20. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

If I had a nickel for every post in these types of threads expressing disappointment that every routine maintenance hasn't resulted in fabulous new product, I would have a few more nickels than the guy who wants them just for these threads being created. :D

21. KylePowers, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013

KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Not that I expect anything, but it is a Tuesday night, segueing into a Wednesday launch. I'm pretty sure Wednesday's a common launch day.

Nevertheless, it's fun to speculate! :)

EDIT: I'm pretty sure we would've heard some type of leak from any of the common rumor sites already, so probably just routine maintenance. But, who knows!

EDITx2: The store is currently down. I bumped this thread instead of creating a new one. Thought that'd be obvious :rolleyes:

22. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

This thread is over a month old...

23. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

LOL good point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.