Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palfrun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
New iMacs are comming :)

Hoping atleast for a ssd and processor Upgrade

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Aha! So it is, how exciting! Not even in the market for an iMac but the store going down is ALWAYS exciting!

BeefJerky

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2014
Australia
Oh wow! I checked the US Store and it is! I wasn't expecting the AU Store to be closed as well because usually there is some difference between the two. I was also shocked to see the same adverts on both sites because the AU site is never updated as frequently as the US site which really annoys me because it's only another country, not a whole new company doing the job for Apple.

So, what is expected to be released, the iMac's (that are faster and cheaper?), anything else? So exciting!

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
I'm thinking there may be something more afoot than just iMacs with a minor spec bump. When the spec-bumped MacBook Airs went on sale last month, as far as I'm aware the store didn't even go down. I wonder if we'll be seeing more than one product update, or a larger update to the iMac than was previously thought?

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2010
I'm thinking there may be something more afoot than just iMacs with a minor spec bump. When the spec-bumped MacBook Airs went on sale last month, as far as I'm aware the store didn't even go down. I wonder if we'll be seeing more than one product update, or a larger update to the iMac than was previously thought?

Mee too. Its been down for a while.

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2010
Come on Mac mini with a GTX 780M :) (I know, i know... :) )

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Bixby_snyder_says_i'd_buy_that_for_a_dollar.jpg

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Oh wow! I checked the US Store and it is! I wasn't expecting the AU Store to be closed as well because usually there is some difference between the two. I was also shocked to see the same adverts on both sites because the AU site is never updated as frequently as the US site which really annoys me because it's only another country, not a whole new company doing the job for Apple.

So, what is expected to be released, the iMac's (that are faster and cheaper?), anything else? So exciting!

Wow, that text is an eye sore. Do you HAVE to format your posts like that? :)

Yotsuba

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
Come on Mac mini with a GTX 780M :) (I know, i know... :) )

And then watch as it goes up in flames.

I would love to see a Mac mini refresh though. I had an Ivy Bridge mini for a short period of time and it just seemed a bit too weak coming from a 17-inch MacBook Pro. The Early 2014 MacBook Air that I have doesn't seem too bad compared to the mini that I had back in early 2013.

Mr-Stabby

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2004
As much as i'm wanting to see a new iMac too, they have put the store down for longs periods just for general maintenance. So lets not get our hopes up TOO much just in case :) Having said that, GIMME NEW IMAC!

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
As much as i'm wanting to see a new iMac too, they have put the store down for longs periods just for general maintenance. So lets not get our hopes up TOO much just in case :) Having said that, GIMME NEW IMAC!

It would be too odd that they'd only do general maintenance right now with there having been rumours of new iMacs this week.

hisboyelroy

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
Austin, Texas
It is an awfully exciting way to start a Wednesday to find the Apple Store down after a long period without any significant hardware announcements. I really don't think this is just maintenance though; they gotta update something. Hoping for more than new iMacs but think we should realize that it would be awfully out of the ordinary for Apple to make many significant updates/announcements without having an event to highlight those. Times, they are changing however. :)

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2010
I did get called the other day about a special apple store event coming up. I didn't get the details but perhaps something new is coming today. Let's hope.

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
They don't launch a big update like a retina iMac like this. Probably just a iMac specbump en preparations for the Back to School promotion.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
There've been a few posts about the store being down in this thread overnight. According to Apple's status page, only a few more minutes to go...

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
They don't launch a big update like a retina iMac like this. Probably just a iMac specbump en preparations for the Back to School promotion.

Isn't that usually later on in July/August?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.