Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
New England
Anybody have any ideas as to why?

Note: Apple Store US, UK, and Spain are all down. That's good enough confirmation for me.

MarkPB15

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2005
I was wondering the samething. Would they add a new product at this time at night?

Shackler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
behind you!
Apple store down?

i tried .ca and .com and the apple store is down.
i know this is a random time i probably means nothing, but i wanted to stir up speculation lol:rolleyes:

schreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
New England
It'd be absolutely amazing/surprising if they just so happened to update the MBP's this evening. :)

One can hope, I suppose...

There's not much hope, but some. Just figured it'd be fun to perhaps stir up some speculation.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
They shut down occasionally for maintenance, you know. Though, it's not usually at this time of night (usually later). They also don't usually release products at night either though, and especially on a Thursday night.

Of course, they could just be trying to catch us all by surprise, but somehow that doesn't sound like smart business. ;)

jW

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
dear god i hope they dont update the regular macbooks

i just placed an order for one that went to "prepared for shipment" about a half hour ago

Spizzo

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Pacific NW
They shut down occasionally for maintenance, you know. Though, it's not usually at this time of night (usually later). They also don't usually release products at night either though, and especially on a Thursday night.

Of course, they could just be trying to catch us all by surprise, but somehow that doesn't sound like smart business. ;)

jW

Wasn't the iPhone released on a weeknight?

midget

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
ha ha... I went there and as soon as I saw it was down I hurried to the forums to see what the Mac"Rumors" were lol

schreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
New England
In all honesty, it doesn't matter what they "usually" do. They "usually" update intel products every six months, but we've been waiting more than eight. Anything goes at this point, I'd say.

Cerender

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2005
Saratoga, NY
Mac Mini

Minor update to Mac Mini.. minor update to Mac Mini.... I soooo want to buy a Mini now but I know they are just waiting for me to purchase. Although maybe they have seen me start to order and then delete it from my cart last Sun and Tues so they THINK I ordered one. :D

But yes it is probably nothing. I'll just go watch Lost. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.