Apple Store in SLC does not want to answer phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by livingonvideo13, Aug 12, 2010.

1. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Trust me, you don't want to read this thread. It is very and boring and lame. You have been warned.

=================

The SLC store in Salt Lake City (the Gateway Store) is a joke.

I only entered the store once to buy a MacBook and they only had black (wanted white) and charged me $100 extra for the black color even though that is all that had in stock. I needed it that day since I was heading out of town.

Well today I call them for my first time and the phone just rings and rings for over 3 minutes.

I hang up, call back, press 5 to speak to somebody and it rings for over 5 minutes! What a joke!

Attached Files:

2. yhellotharsir macrumors member

THIS IS EXTREMELY RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS. And also my LOVE LIFE, FINANCIAL SITUATION, and ASTROLOGICAL FORECAST.

THank you SO MUCH for this.

3. Farns514 macrumors 6502

Farns514

Tried calling the one in Oak Brook today and they wouldnt pick up.

4. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

The KoP location has the same issue. You're not alone!

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

So wait, you wasted your time calling them and letting it ring and then make this post? Dude, find a hobby, get a job, this is what you do with your day? Not trying to be a jerk, but really? What does this even matter???:confused:

6. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

The reason for the post is because Apple monitors these boards and hopefully will see some action.

But thanks for wasting your time and replying. ;)

7. tdgrn macrumors 6502

Clearly, the op has never worked retail. Would you answer a phone in front a line of customers? Seriously, people don't answer the phone because they are probably already helping somebody.

The other thought is that maybe they weren't busy, saw you calling, and decided not to answer. While this is fun for a small amount of time, people like you will often stay on the phone for up to 5 mins, just to finally gripe at somebody once they do answer the phone. This only perpetuates the people not answering the phone.

Seriously bro,
    Sounds like you had a bad day, and I'm sorry… from the bottom of my heart.

8. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Gosh, people like you... I can't even begin to describe. Apple stores, especially ones in big cities (i.e Salt Lake, Sacramento, L.A) always have a lot of people in them. And people who actually go to the stores always get priority over people who call, it's common sense. Don't get pissy because people who actually took the time to go to the store get taken care of first *annoyed eyeroll*

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I think your time would be better spent calling Apple Customer Service rather than posting complaints on here. IMO

10. solius macrumors regular

quoted for truth.

11. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

12. teezee09 macrumors member

Sweet story. I'm sure Apple will fire all the jerks that ignored your call tomorrow... might make your wait time go up, but it'll totally be worth it.
    When I worked at Apple it was well-known policy that if you're busy/ there are people waiting for assistance in the store then the phones can wait. If it's important enough they'll either call back or come to the store. This continues to be the policy I've encountered at a number of technical support jobs- people who bother to make the trip out to the store or company take priority over someone simply calling in. You might want to deal with your anger and entitlement issues.

13. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Lol. Didn't know people would get so pissed by posting this. :)

Tried calling 5 more times and finally just drove there (45 miles away) and thank goodness they had the cable I needed in stock.

Lesson learned. Don't call them.

And you all need to chill. You all freaked out more than me. :)

14. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

They can't get reception, they are holding it wrong!!

15. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

lol...i think it's funny that despite thinking you're some kinda fool for making a post of this nature, they still go ahead and put forth the time and energy to post comments about the subject.

16. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

No anger issues here bud. Just thought I would make a call and see if they had the av cable I needed in stock before I drove 45 miles away. Just found it strange that they would not answer their phone for over an hour.

Like I said. Lesson learned. You get better service at wal-mart.

17. jcole31 macrumors regular

The apple store in Brea, CA never answers either, so they don't get my business. Thankfully southern California has tons of other apple stores.

18. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Yeah. Kind of funny.

19. fairoasis macrumors member

It's not just in SLC that this happens. I have yet to get anyone at any Apple Store to answer the phone. I have called Phoenix, two in St. Louis, and two in Maryland. I don't even bother anymore. I just get in the car and go to the store.

20. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

So you couldn't get an apple store to answer the phone... and this is being posted in the iPhone forum why?.... Just because you called them on a phone and maybe even used an iPhone, does not make this an iPhone related issue.

21. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

LoL.

So you post a message on this thread so it gets bumped up again? Why? You are just adding to the problem. :)

I thought this post was pretty much done but since you are asking questions I will try and go ahead and answer it (even though I am not sure if your question is iPhone related)

Would it be better for me start the thread with "I needed to hook up my iPhone to a screen and needed to purchase a cable the converts the output of your iPhone to Component but the SLC store ....."

Would that qualify?

Like I said, I am more than happy to see this thread die but people keep wanting to know more information on this totally lame topic so I amuse them.

Hopefully this will be the last post but I am here to answer any more questions you may have.

22. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Actually I made the OP while I was letting it ring for the 3rd time.

Yes. I spend all my day trying to call the SLC Apple Store. :rolleyes:

Could of fooled me

really.

Seeing if this is a wide spread problem and it appears to be since many people replied they also can not get anybody to pick up at their local Apple stores.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about my boring experience of trying to buy a AV cable for my iPhone at the Apple store.

23. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Is this question directed towards me? I better reply in-case it is. I don't want to leave you hanging.

Normally in retail (and I have worked retail) when you are busy you pick up the phone and tell the customer to please hold and put them on hold. This way they know you are at least still open and your phone lines are working.

Many companies even have a system where it will automatically pick up and tell you all their people are busy and to continue to hold.

Anyway, not sure if you really wanted an answer to your question or not but I thought I would play it on the safe side.

Your welcome. From the bottom of my heart.

I think I answered everybody's questions, if you have any more, feel free to post them or let this thread die which it deserved many posts ago. :)

]10 PRINT ":)";
    ]20 GOTO 10

]RUN

24. chris.robison macrumors regular

Sorry. The SLC store is extremely busy these days. They attribute it to being the only one for Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. I went in a couple weeks ago and was amazed at how busy it is now. Its nuts!