Apple Store inventory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidjacobs21, Sep 28, 2015.

1. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

Anyone know how often they update their in store stock of phones

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The Saturday after launch the Portland store updated in the middle of the afternoon, but that might have been a launch weekend thing.

4. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

We should only be a few days away for the site that shows which stores have availability for each phone. It's been here the last 2 years. It is not Apple affiliated but very accurate.

5. mashinhead macrumors 68020

6. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Eastern or Pacific? Or just local?

7. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Pacific

8. kungxpao macrumors regular

kungxpao

It's 8am local.

Returned the 6s and hoping to get the 6s Plus soon. Tried the online reservation this morning but local Apple stores around me only had the 16 and 64gb available. Gonna try again tmrw.

9. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I wonder how accurate it is, I looked and no ATT iPhone 6s were in stock, I went in for a T-Mobile but the employee knew they had the ATT model I wanted in stock without even checking.

10. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

But let me ask, if you do find inventory on your choice of iPhone, must you be picking up the phone at the availability time Apple's site has? Or do you have the option of selecting a different time? Because if its 8am when i check inventory and it has availability and cannot run out of work to go buy the iPhone. So any option to select a different time window?

Thanks,

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I find its best to try to buy online with a store pickup, If a given store has it in stock then success :)

I was successful with the 6 plus last year by doing this. I found Tuesdays/Thursdays to be the ones when stores were most likely to have stock

12. andy9l macrumors 68000

It's definitely NOT just 8am every day. It wasn't last year, it's not this year.

I've got a script scraping their stock every minute of the day for a colleague and we got a spree of emails from it this morning between 9:40am and 10:25am with availability.

13. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Yes, where is this site? We had it last year and it actually helped me out tremendously ! I might return my T-mobile 6s plus and go for an AT&T version for band 30.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Gonna change my gold for a silver, and the ATT model. I went online at 8am local and it was updated. Last night my state did not even show as an option b.c there was no stock.

15. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

So once 8am comes around whatever stock shows at 8am is all they have for the entire day? No chance of another update of inventory throughout the day?

16. mattfki5g macrumors newbie

I'm curious if the reserve page shows all available stock period, including walk in availability. I have to assume that if they have one in stock they would let me reserve it, but does anyone know if they might possibly have walk in availability even if the reserve page shows no stock? Having a hard time find a 6S Plus 64gb Space Gray on Verizon (probably one of the most in demand models I'm sure).

17. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think they update their stock so online reflects exactly what they have in the store. They should only get 1 truck per day. Obviously things can change for straight walk-ins since people may not show to pick up the phone.

Why not just reserve though? You do not have to pay until you arrive.

18. mattfki5g macrumors newbie

Definitely trying to reserve. Been trying each morning at 8am and it seems like the Apple Stores here in NC aren't getting any 6S Pluses for Verizon of any configuration. Didn't know if it was worth my time to stop by the store and check even if there were none to reserve, but now I know it's likely not worth my time.

19. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

Apple Stores in Charlotte, NC don't have any 6S Plus it seems. Waiting on an AT&T version.

20. derekmess macrumors member

How do you do an exchange if the store is out of stock for the entire 14 day return period?

21. spyder25 macrumors newbie

Here's a question... The apple store near me has the model that I'm looking for (space grey iphone 6s+ 64gb), but not for the carrier I want (ATT). They have it available for the other 3 carriers. Since I plan to utilize the iphone upgrade program which should give me an unlocked phone, does it matter which carrier I select in this case? I assume Apple has to have enough of the fully unlocked phones to accommodate everyone wishing to partake in the program, no?

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

You would have to do a return before that period is up.

23. derekmess macrumors member

Can you do a return in store without stock available and have it ordered?

24. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I may be wrong, but if you are doing the program they may make you use the phone tied to the specific carrier. In your case, the ATT phone is actually a different phone too (has the LTE band 30). Yes, the phone is unlocked, but I still think they are giving people the phone designed for their carrier b.c they keep up with activations for each carrier. Even though the other 3 (verizon, sprint, and t-mobile) use the same phone. The phone is still assigned to a carrier right now. They do not have official SIM free phones yet.