Apple Store iPhone 4S Preorder Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hopsdaballa04, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Hopsdaballa04 macrumors regular

I thought it would be a good idea to break up the different ordering sources. This is why I created the Apple Store iPhone 4S Preorder thread. I ordered a 16GB Black iPhone 4S from apple.com at 1240 am. It is now showing as preparing for shipment. I am going to speculate that we will receive them on the 12th of October..

Attached Files:

2. Muscle macrumors regular

I tried pre-ordering it on the Apple store, but they wouldn't allow me to ship the phone to a different address other than my billing...anyone able to work around this?

3. iSkier macrumors regular

I preordered two 16GB black models on Apple.com at about 7am on Friday morning. Mine still says processing items.

4. Deako macrumors 6502

5. Jswoosh macrumors member

I'm pretty sure were gonna get them on the 14th considering that's what it says.

6. Hopsdaballa04 thread starter macrumors regular

Last year, Apple released all iPhone 4 shipments for early release and everyone got them a day early if I remember right. So don't be so sure swoosh.

7. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

You can change the address right after "processing" I changed mine to my work. Works great every time.

8. Jswoosh macrumors member

Haha alright. This is the first time I've preordered so forgive me for listening to what it says on my email. I generally would just go into the store to pick it up. Hey I could be wrong though and I'd rather have it be delivered earlier.

9. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Bought from the Australia online store. Still processing, and shipping by the 14th. No delivery date. :(

Attached Files:

10. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

allowing shipments to be delivered one day early last year was a strategic move on Apple's behalf. Don't be so sure we're getting them two days early this time.

11. Muscle macrumors regular

Placed the order from Apple. Tried editing the shipping address but it won't allow me to, says "You cannot edit your order while it is in this state"

Maybe I'm missing something but I cannot tell which state my order is in currently...

[edit] Got it to work, had to wait a bit to say "Processing Order" i/o "We received your order"

12. Hopsdaballa04 thread starter macrumors regular

It wouldn't surprise me that we could be looking at the 12th due to the release of iOS 5 on the 12th. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.. I guess we will see.

13. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

Mine too has been updated to preparing for shipment. Nice!

14. johnray10 macrumors member

[​IMG]

mine is still in processing.. i ordered it from apple at 7 am cst on the 7th (yesterday). received my order acknowledgment at 10:45 am cst the same day. never received any other email to "complete" the order as other people have stated. I'm nervous that i missed a step or something. does mine look like its all good? do you think I'm in the first batch?

15. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

For those that have moved to "Preparing for Shipment" it would be interesting to hear if it's a USA or international shipment, as well as the approximate time you completed your order. Since AT&T couldn't handle the crush, Apple reserved one for me and I finally completed my order around noon Friday. I'm still "processing".

It's a USA delivery.

16. iSkier macrumors regular

So this means it will not be shipping from China or whatever? How can you confirm?

17. johnray10 macrumors member

what time did you order? i couldn't get any of the preorders to complete right at release, so i waited til the morning and got mine to complete finally at 7 am yesterday. as i said above, mine is still processing..

18. haulis macrumors regular

You can change it once the order is placed. Just view your order and there is a link on the left that will allow you to change shipping/billing address.

edit://I see you got it working :D

19. Hopsdaballa04 thread starter macrumors regular

I think he meant that the phone is going to be delivered to a U.S. address.

20. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

Still in processing...I ordered at about 9:30am CST while I was working at GB....

21. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Same here, hopefully we'll see some movement soon - I want to track it!

22. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

I just noticed that mine says Fast Ship (EMEA) on the delivery thing, rather than standard. Does this mean I have a faster shipment than others? (UK phone, oct 14th delivery estimate) I'm still in processing stage.

I preordered mine as soon as the store went up at 8:40 friday morning. 16GB version

23. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Mine has the same, so probably normal for us.

24. blackjackmark macrumors 6502

I placed the reservation at around 3:45am Central time Friday morning when Apple started doing that instead of sending people through to the AT&T site, and then completed the order around 11am Friday. As of right now, mine is still in "Processing Items" mode