Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
I finished the 'language cycle' this time and of all the weird languages, my language isn't included! >.<

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
:p

Let's hope that's not all it is...

You can hope. But reputable sources are coming in with retailers and supply chain reports relating to today's events, and all we're hearing about is iPhone, iPod, the new "lightning" cable, and the new "earPod" headphones. Personally I thought iOS 6 would launch today, but not getting a good feeling on that either.

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
8y6iwj.png

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
I don't get why the store is down at this time. (Three hours before the announcement). I'm not saying it means anything, it doesn't. But I don't understand why they would close the store this much before the announcement.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
I don't get why the store is down at this time. (Three hours before the announcement). I'm not saying it means anything, it doesn't. But I don't understand why they would close the store this much before the announcement.

New iPod Nano (in multiple colors, and possibly 2 form factors)
New iPod Touch (in multiple colors)
iPhone preorder form
New headphones
New dock cable & adapter
New accessories

That's a fair bit of stuff to put up on the store.

Torrijos

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006

Marketing ploy giving them added exposure, while also ensuring that there won't be too many angry customers of the old versions, some of who might return their product so they can get the new one.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
New iPod Nano (in multiple colors, and possibly 2 form factors)
New iPod Touch (in multiple colors)
iPhone preorder form
New headphones
New dock cable & adapter
New accessories

That's a fair bit of stuff to put up on the store.

Amazon update more than that on a daily basis. Apple could too. They are just building up the hype, which makes sense, but three hours before just seems a little extreme.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
You can hope. But reputable sources are coming in with retailers and supply chain reports relating to today's events, and all we're hearing about is iPhone, iPod, the new "lightning" cable, and the new "earPod" headphones. Personally I thought iOS 6 would launch today, but not getting a good feeling on that either.
Mmm, the GM will probably be released today or in the next couple of days, and then the final release a week or so later.
It's not gonna happen! Get over it!
I can hope.
I have a life, I just enjoy these things and I find myself wanting a new iMac. Clever nonetheless.

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Lol they can't announce the new imac's with old versions on the desk! Its not possible, look for a silent refresh or a early october release.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
lol they forgot to exchange content on the German site..still 4s and nothing new at all

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
They've missed the back to school window.

2 questions.

• Why would it make sense for them to release it soon if they've missed this important window?
  • Why would they hold it back if it's more or less ready to go?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.