Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
There does seem to be an unusually high number of MBP's in the uk refurb store Although that doesn't mean anything really as surely it's iMacs that are getting updated :p

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
Don't new releases usually come out on Tuesday? :eek:

I smell fresh new MacBooks. It would be awesome if they bring back a black model.

LowEnder

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Well,it is still down and it looks like everywhere!
Should I go to bed now and wake up early?
or stay up late and get up late...surely they will be open by 10am EST
Can't wait to see those new remotes and mice :eek:

Tricky_Trav

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2004
It's Okay

I know Steve will never let us down, and would never run around and desert us. He also could not tell a lie and hurt us. :)

In all seriousness, tomorrow IS a Tuesday, and it has been said the new MacBook's and iMac's would come out during this time frame (late Sept. - Mid Oct.). I doubt the MBP's get any updates right now though. They'll probably hold off until they can get the arrandale quad-core's inside them next spring.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
Man, this is crazy! Not the store going down and coming back up, but all you people going mad over it. How likely would it be to find people going crazy over Dell's store doing this?

L0s7man

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2009
Man, this is crazy! Not the store going down and coming back up, but all you people going mad over it. How likely would it be to find people going crazy over Dell's store doing this?

It's not about the store. It's about Apple's f***ed up hardware-cycle policy or even about their general policy. People want new hardware. We can be pretty sure about everyone on the market, but not Apple. And that pisses people off. If I buy Apple now, God knows if I'll be able to buy next one - they might throw away all hardware that I deem essential and what then? In PC world (not that Mac is any different than a PC) there are alternatives - you can look for exactly what you want. In Mac world there is only ONE (MB, MBP, MBA are not really different options; fundamentally - hardware wise - they're all the same) option and it's a wildcard.

Or another example of what pisses me off. The middle MBP. I don't want to shed dough for the top of the line, but I want the damn 512MB of video memory. But the middle one has 256! Seriously? There is NO TECHNICAL OR COST CUTTING REASON (like saving 5 bucks maybe) to do it. But the top line has a bigger HDD which I don't care for and a slightly faster CPU which I don't care for either. I care for 200 quid heavier price tag.

I think whole Apple is a bunch of a**holes and if it wasn't for the fact that I like OS X, I'd be happy to move on to greener pastures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.