iPod Apple Store nano Screen Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
OK, I was able to very sneakily get a hold of a file called "Apple_Demo.mov", which is currently playing on Macs in Apple Stores everywhere as a screen saver... it's basically the nano TV commercial, with no sound. (Don't ask me how I got it. I ain't gonna tell you.) It runs full-screen in a loop with Quicktime Player.

Does anyone know where I can post this file, which is 32.2 MB in size, for those who might want to download it? I'm NOT posting it on my web site, because I don't want to get a nastygram from my web hosting company.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
clayj said:
OK, I was able to very sneakily get a hold of a file called "Apple_Demo.mov", which is currently playing on Macs in Apple Stores everywhere as a screen saver... it's basically the nano TV commercial, with no sound. (Don't ask me how I got it. I ain't gonna tell you.) It runs full-screen in a loop with Quicktime Player.

Does anyone know where I can post this file, which is 32.2 MB in size, for those who might want to download it? I'm NOT posting it on my web site, because I don't want to get a nastygram from my web hosting company.
dude! this is so weird..i was just about to 'borrow' that file from my local apple store like an hour ago!

i'd be happy to host it on macTV. just pm me and we can sort teh details out?

-asif

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
asif786 said:
dude! this is so weird..i was just about to 'borrow' that file from my local apple store like an hour ago!

i'd be happy to host it on macTV. just pm me and we can sort teh details out?

-asif
You've got PM.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Dude, you're the man. I want to just take my iPod in there one of these days and take all the photos and cool screensavers I can get :)

They should send out a promo disc with stuff like this, it's free advertising & people love it!

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Do they allow you to connect drives now? What is it that someone would want off of one of the demo computers?

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Does anyone have the demo reel for Production Suite?

I have the one for Final Cut Studio ... but I want to learn some of the effects used in the PS video ... and I'd like to see them again. :)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
This thing made QT go full screen, something that I only thought was possible with QT Pro...:D

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Does anyone else notice that this video plays at 8Mbits per second? Thats insane, considering that Apple's HD trailrs don't go that high... And why is it compressed as a 'Photo JPEG' video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.