Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

There are signs that Apple's retail store operations are beginning to return to normal as some locations have once again started allowing U.S. customers to try on AirPods.

airpodsproinear.jpg

According to Bloomberg, Apple stores that are open for customer walk-ins are letting customers test out AirPods, something that has been restricted since Apple Stores first began closing last spring.

Apple still has stores that are operating on a pickup-only basis as "Express" locations, and in these areas, there is no option to try on AirPods, but in all other stores, customers can test the AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.

All of Apple's retail locations in the United States were reopen as of March 1, with that date marking the first time all stores were operational since stores started closing in March 2020.

Article Link: Apple Store Operations Begin Returning to Normal as Customers Again Able to Try on AirPods

Amacfa

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Lots of money being spent on articles and coverage to convince people that this pandemic is over. I understand we have vaccines; but its been proven that even if you receive the vaccine, you can still be a carrier. Not sure how this is really safe.
You are free to stay home.

I, however, have been outside every single day since the pandemic, and without a mask.

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
You are free to stay home.

I, however, have been outside every single day since the pandemic, and without a mask.
I do stay home, and on the rare occasion I do go out, I wear a mask. I also have received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I believe it's our patriotic duty to protect each other and to come together to get our economy back on track. I also would not want to try on AirPods even if there was no pandemic. I ordered mine off of Amazon a couple months back and they fit perfectly fine.

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2016
This is the second thread just now to go way off topic. Should be rebranded MacSocialMedia.

On topic - not sure I'd want to try on air pods at present and Apple stores not open in UK

Off topic??? This is about as on topic as it gets! How is Apple this greedy during an epidemic,..that they would even risk such a rediculous thing. It never ceases to amaze me that money over health is the way forward!

Thank you Apple ?‍♂️

Amacfa

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
D.C.
I do stay home, and on the rare occasion I do go out, I wear a mask. I also have received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I believe it's our patriotic duty to protect each other and to come together to get our economy back on track. I also would not want to try on AirPods even if there was no pandemic. I ordered mine off of Amazon a couple months back and they fit perfectly fine.
That’s good you take extra precautions. I won’t fault you for your decisions!
Off topic??? This is about as on topic as it gets! How is Apple this greedy during an epidemic,..that they would even risk such a rediculous thing. It never ceases to amaze me that money over health is the way forward!

Thank you Apple ?‍♂️
Greedy? Closing down was an over-reaction, and remaining closed is what’s reckless.

ervingv

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
That’s good you take extra precautions. I won’t fault you for your decisions!

Greedy? Closing down was an over-reaction, and remaining closed is what’s reckless.
Closing down was the smart move during a pandemic. You can get everything from Apple online, no need to visit a physical store for luxuries.

Not sure what @Kram Sacul finds so funny about any of this. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.