Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Guess you also don’t wear a safety belt when driving, or pants. Because you do your own thing, don’t you.
On private property seatbelts are not required as its private property and same with pants (not the same as underwear, shorts or kilts).

Disclaimer: Quoted post made no mention regarding public or private :p

Reactions: DanTSX

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Joking aside, I would not invite germs into any entry points of the human body, like ears, eyes, nose, mouth, etc.
Isn’t skin an entry and exit point as well (granted at a sower rate). Quick experiment put a menthol based spray or rub on your skin and you will experience a cooling sensation while involves absorption and excretion.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
ewwwwww.....
I am a stickler for keeping my ears super clean and even I feel weird letting my own child put my ear buds in their ears.
You do have ear wax to protect you from external bacteria, right. Most ear infections are caused by a build-up of our own bacteria and a combination of other factors. Rarely is it due to people inserting a foreign object into the canal on purpose.

• Love

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
If reverting to name calling is the best you got, it’s quite telling of who you are.

Best practices on a corona virus, educate yourself. Who said it was the flu? Ah you did. Who said all are the same sub-groups, it’s part of the corona virus family outside a host do you think it acts differently.
Where did I say it was the flu? You need to read/comprehend the context instead of lying about what I’m saying. Name calling? Come on'. It’s a trope. Anyone who suggests it is 'just a coronavirus' is an idiot. It has killed millions of people! But if people like you can’t understand that, the you have to be in the same group of people like trump who think it is just a flu...

Isn’t skin an entry and exit point as well (granted at a sower rate). Quick experiment put a menthol based spray or rub on your skin and you will experience a cooling sensation while involves absorption and excretion.
Wrong. The tests on menthol appear to be through evaporation, not absorption. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6044592/

Is the vaccine actually healing when you can still infect others have to wear a mask and physical distance and quarantine and conduct testing.
A vaccine is not supposed to heal. It’s supposed to reduce the chance of getting it, or transmitting through less symptoms.

** You’re really not on to this whole Covid-19 thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwlbel

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
Where did I say it was the flu? You need to read/comprehend the context instead of lying about what I’m saying. Name calling? Come on'. It’s a trope. Anyone who suggests it is 'just a coronavirus' is an idiot. It has killed millions of people! But if people like you can’t understand that, the you have to be in the same group of people like trump who think it is just a flu...

Wrong. The tests on menthol appear to be through evaporation, not absorption. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6044592/

A vaccine is not supposed to heal. It’s supposed to reduce the chance of getting it, or transmitting through less symptoms.

** You’re really not on to this whole Covid-19 thing.

So if it’s not a corona virus what is it an influenza virus, avian flu virus, swine flue virus. I await your expertise.

So your skin absorbs or excrete nothing, so immersing ones hand in a toxic filled pot will do nothing as your skin only reacts and not absorb even a small amount of what it’s immersed in.

All of my responses were based of your words, playing mental gymnastics does not change what you said. It does not reduce your chance of getting it as it reduces the likelihood of symptoms, which means you can still get it and be hospitalized in some cases.

The present science says it’s not transmitted through surface contact, it’s a respiratory virus like rhinovirus and the main vector of transmission is via aerosols inhalation.

If you are wearing a mask while inside an AppleStore it is capturing your droplets and the aerosol is dispersed up and into the environment. If you were touching your mask (which is not recommended) then a quick hand sanitizer when entering is enough.

Either you understand how aerosol viruses spread and infect or you are just regurgitating what the media is telling you. As I said a wipe down of the device with alcohol and some diluted bleach of the table surface is all that is needed no need to wear a hazmat suit to take it to the back of the store for optic purposes it’s unnecessary, for all you know Apple is just wiping it with alcohol in the back room and brining it back out.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
So if it’s not a corona virus what is it an influenza virus, avian flu virus, swine flue virus. I await your expertise.

So your skin absorbs or excrete nothing, so immersing ones hand in a toxic filled pot will do nothing as your skin only reacts and not absorb even a small amount of what it’s immersed in.

All of my responses were based of your words, playing mental gymnastics does not change what you said. It does not reduce your chance of getting it as it reduces the likelihood of symptoms, which means you can still get it and be hospitalized in some cases.

The present science says it’s not transmitted through surface contact, it’s a respiratory virus like rhinovirus and the main vector of transmission is via aerosols inhalation.

If you are wearing a mask while inside an AppleStore it is capturing your droplets and the aerosol is dispersed up and into the environment. If you were touching your mask (which is not recommended) then a quick hand sanitizer when entering is enough.

Either you understand how aerosol viruses spread and infect or you are just regurgitating what the media is telling you. As I said a wipe down of the device with alcohol and some diluted bleach of the table surface is all that is needed no need to wear a hazmat suit to take it to the back of the store for optic purposes it’s unnecessary, for all you know Apple is just wiping it with alcohol in the back room and brining it back out.
You can twist my words all you want. And if you can’t accept research as being 'research' then there is nothing I can tell you. I’ve never expressed myself as an expert, yet you claim you are saying facts. I’ve just said what has been determined by actual experts. Not my words sunshine...

With regard to your comments about 'a quick sanitiser is enough' comment is absolute rubbish. It was only this week an Australian company developed the first spray sanitiser in the world that can kill kill covid-19 within 90 seconds. Other than that there are only hospital grade disinfectants.

Wiping something down with bleach is a load of rubbish as well. If it helps at all, it could take a minimum of 10 minutes. Feel free to base your views on Trumpisms. I’m quite safe here in Australia because we generally adhere to experts recommendations instead of your political views on SARS-CoV-2. Please show me where it says bleach will immediately kill Covid-19? I expect you wont because of you are just spouting your Trumpisms. (No facts required, just populist junk).

Please tell me where I said it wasn’t a coronavirus? And you still didn’t show where I said it was the flu...

Attirex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2015
Throughout history pandemics have ended when the people have said they are over.

Where I live, the pandemic has been over for 7 months or more.
That's wonderful for you, but where I live, reported cases continue around close to 2,000 a day with the UK variant starting to spread. So....the pandemic is not over.

• Angry
Reactions: tonyr6 and ervingv

stars_fan

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Nut house
You are free to stay home.

I, however, have been outside every single day since the pandemic, and without a mask.
Same here. Two weeks at the beginning staying home and then refusing to wear a face diaper for the people afraid of this silly cold.

I don’t care what you do in your life but I’m not going to participate to satisfy anyone’s stupid fear.

That's the thing.

COVID is airborne, and the virus ends up on surfaces after drifting through the air. So unless you are wearing a full biohazard suit, you're fertile for infection.

No joke.
This is exactly what people fail to understand. Your cloth mask isn’t doing jack
That's wonderful for you, but where I live, reported cases continue around close to 2,000 a day with the UK variant starting to spread. So....the pandemic is not over.
Turn off the news. It’s not that bad

How is nature healing if humans had to intervene and make a vaccine ?
You don’t beed

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Same here. Two weeks at the beginning staying home and then refusing to wear a face diaper for the people afraid of this silly cold.

I don’t care what you do in your life but I’m not going to participate to satisfy anyone’s stupid fear.

This is exactly what people fail to understand. Your cloth mask isn’t doing jack

You don’t beed
lol this lack of sympathy towards the health of your neighbour is alarming. This thing’s killed half a million Americans and counting and people just wanna go bar hopping instead. What a country

Attirex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2015
A family member died of it, and a close friend just got out of the hospital last week after being diagnosed with covid and pneumonia. So, yeah, it is a "thing," despite your ability to dismiss, assuming because of your situation.

Yes, for majority of ppl it is nothing more than a cold. But as a middle aged male with high blood pressure and potential heart issues, I'm not idiotic enough to gamble with the one life I have and leave my wife a widow and two young children without a father. If you are young bro who is healthy, single, employed, and in a situation where there isn't much risk, well, wonderful for you. That is not true for everyone.

The world is a dangerous place right now, filled with a lot of ignorant, dangerous people who are making the pandemic worse. I will rejoin it when it is safe to do.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
A family member died of it, and a close friend just got out of the hospital last week after being diagnosed with covid and pneumonia. So, yeah, it is a "thing," despite your ability to dismiss, assuming because of your situation.

Yes, for majority of ppl it is nothing more than a cold. But as a middle aged male with high blood pressure and potential heart issues, I'm not idiotic enough to gamble with the one life I have and leave my wife a widow and two young children without a father. If you are young bro who is healthy, single, employed, and in a situation where there isn't much risk, well, wonderful for you. That is not true for everyone.

The world is a dangerous place right now, filled with a lot of ignorant, dangerous people who are making the pandemic worse. I will rejoin it when it is safe to do.
Your take on this is very healthy and I applaud you for your patience through this, and I’m sorry to hear about your loss. People who have 0 sympathy for others are just frustrating. A society is supposed to work better than this

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
You do have ear wax to protect you from external bacteria, right. Most ear infections are caused by a build-up of our own bacteria and a combination of other factors. Rarely is it due to people inserting a foreign object into the canal on purpose.
I f’ing love Science!

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

In my state, the Great Garden State, things are opening up slowly. I know way too many families that have gotten covid most recovered but the recovery period had a range of just like a cold to bringing out latent severe health issues that required procedures and/or extensive hospitalization. (and these weren't old people with co-morbidities)

My wife and I are fully vaccinated as we met the states guidelines. But my son who is temporarily riding out the pandemic is living with us and my other son is not vaccinated but his wife is. So we have family we have to consider.

Even being vaccinated, I am acting as if I'm not. I do not feel like getting covid even though theoretically my body can more efficiently fight this disease.

I wouldn't go into a mall or Apple Store unless it was an emergency. People who are young and in good health do have statistics on their side regarding a positive outcome of infection, but it's like playing russian roulette with your health.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.