Apple store order status

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Its been down since 6PM ET for me. Looking through the thread about Preparing for Shipment, nobodies copy of Tiger ordered from Apple has been shipped out yet. Everyone's status says Preparing for Shipment.

They should ship them out tomorrow morning for most people I would think.

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
Yep. In checking on my Tiger oder, I've gotten an error since probably 5pm EST. This is what it says:

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store

Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
If this was just routine, scheduled maintenance, they really shouldn't have done it three days before Tiger.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
They're getting ready for the millions of people who will be repeatedly hitting refresh on the order status page tomorrow morning to see if their Tiger order has been shipped ;) .

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
mduser63 said:
They're getting ready for the millions of people who will be repeatedly hitting refresh on the order status page tomorrow morning to see if their Tiger order has been shipped ;) .
The reason Apple took the status page down for "upgrades" is probably to fix the problems that were already caused by us hitting refresh today alone. I think I checked my status 30 times today before they took the page down. I just hope I get my copy on or before this Friday.

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2003
UK
The (US) Order Status site is still down. :( I was just trying to see if my copy of Tiger has shipped.

ebally

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2004
London, UK
I think that they were getting too many hits on their Order Status pages, so they took it down... I bet it comes back Thursday afternoon.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Still down - i think they took it down to stop people fom canceling there order today if it has not shipped lol

i know i'm thinking about it if not shipped by 5pm UK

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
ebally said:
I think that they were getting too many hits on their Order Status pages, so they took it down... I bet it comes back Thursday afternoon.
I doubt they would do that, i dont think that the order store is only used for Tiger, i think they might have a problem, I noticed that the page was taking forever to load just before it went down, it has been down now for nearly 12 hours :eek: :eek: . That doesnt seem like just a normal technical upgrade..

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
The online status was probably taking an inordinate number of hits.
Once the emails for shipped copies of Tiger are sent, the traffic should slow down to normal again.
(I certainly will have little reason to check my order status again once I receive a shipping notice.)

Kelmon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2005
United Kingdom
For anyone else trying to check at the moment, I can now get into the site in the UK. Mind you, it's bloody slow...and my order hasn't shipped or done anything. I'm beginning to have my doubts that I'm getting it this weekend in Belgium but won't cancel the order since I want my student discount.

Bugger. :(

EANx

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
Well I can check my order status now and well... nothing changed. My order is still being prepared. :mad:

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
HisBoiElroy said:
I was able to get in about 5 minutes ago and I'm still in the "Preparing Shipment" purgatory.
same here :( I was really hoping to see that Tiger had shipped this morning. Oh well, one of the distribution locations in in PA., which is right over the line from me in Northern Maryland. Even if it ships tomorrow I've still got a great chance of it hitting my box on Friday.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Just Checked Mine.......

AND IT SHIPPED!!!!! Well they gave me a tracking number at least. Sheduled for Fed Ex 2nd day delivery. Delivered by 4:30 on Friday the 29th. I'm excited.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Koodauw said:
Just Checked Mine.......

AND IT SHIPPED!!!!! Well they gave me a tracking number at least. Sheduled for Fed Ex 2nd day delivery. Delivered by 4:30 on Friday the 29th. I'm excited.

Luckey basterd..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i am jealous :p