Apple store pissed me off ...I need help or any advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eseminario, Mar 31, 2011.

1. eseminario macrumors member

:mad:
    I've placed my order on March 11, same launch day....it was scheduled for shipping on April 1st and delivery April 8th...and today...one day before the shipping date, my orders appears like 'cancelled'... I called apple and the girl told me that they werent able to charge y credit card so it was cancelled...but it was!!! my credit card was already charged!!! this is amazing...frustrating...
    She said I should call my bank and find out what happened...and she could place a new order for delivery by the end of April... is she crazy? after almost a month waiting for my iPad 2 this is unbelievable... I don't know if there is a ail where I ca fill a claim... What can I do?

2. funkeruski macrumors regular

Go find one at BB, Target, Wal Mart, Radio Shack, or an Apple store.

Edit. Sorry misread your post. Call your CC company. Then go find it at another place.

3. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

oh that's easy.... every store is sold out or forever lines....

I will only stay in the US from april 9 to 17, that's whay I've placed my order on time...

4. funkeruski macrumors regular

What zip code are you in? Have you tried the Target inventory checker?

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

So you are blaming Apple for your credit card problem?

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Your CC was not charged, it was just authorized by Apple. Your CC/bank may have "charged" your card as a precaution but released the funds after a couple of days. If Apple went to ship and could not get your CC/Bank approved/charged then your beef is with yourself or your bank but NOT Apple.

7. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

8. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

every store is sold out... some bb appears like 'in store only' but when you go there, there isnt.

9. ravenas macrumors regular

Wait, are you still showing a charge for the iPad on your credit card? If so, file a claim with your credit card company immediately. No way should you be liable for goods not delivered.

As for how to acquire an iPad2, I think your best bet now is to keep any eye on those online inventory trackers. There has been some more stock appearing in local stores. It seems like the resell market is starting to level out.

Sorry this happened. I'd be furious too. Only problem for Apple is that they have a long queue of shipping orders right now. Perhaps if you managed to escalate to a manager you might get some help, but I doubt there's much they can do now.

10. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

So you think its a great customer service to cancel an order for 'cc problems' without notification to the customer? or maybe you are an Apple employee?

11. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

That's exactly what I'm gonna do, I'm sure y bank will refund my money, but that doesn't bring me the iPad on time... I hope next weekend I could get one at any store. Thank you

12. mrdave543 macrumors member

Sorry but this is just funny. While I agree you should have gotten an email notification from Apple stating that there was a problem with your CC, but I definitely don't fault a company for canceling the order if they arent 100% they are getting paid...

should they have shipped it to you and hope your CC gets fixed, just to have "great customer service"?

Sounds like its your credit card company or your own fault.

13. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Call your bank and find out what happened. Call Apple and relay that info to them. Complain in a calm and understanding manner and see what happens. Seems to me like something on your banks end butted heads with something on Apples end.

14. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

My guess is that what you thought was your credit card being charged was just an authorization hold that went away after a few days. When it shipped they tried to run the actual charge through, which failed for some reason.

15. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I take it you are not a U.S. resident. If that is the case did you inform your CC that items shipped to whatever address you gave Apple is valid? If not, that is probably why your charge was declined. It's a typical security measure.

Alternatively, Apple may have detected that your billing address was not U.S., which is a requirement to order from the U.S. store.

16. cburton macrumors regular

Availability at Targets in your area ...

Reston
    12197 Sunset Hills Rd (4 miles away)
    Reston, VA 20190
    703-478-0770
    Inventory current as of 3 minutes ago.
    WiFi 16GB White: Limited Availability

Chantilly
    14391 Chantilly Crossing Ln (8 miles away)
    Chantilly, VA 20151
    571-262-0020
    Inventory current as of 3 minutes ago.
    Verizon 64GB White: Limited Availability

Falls Church
    6100 Arlington Blvd (17 miles away)
    Falls Church, VA 22044
    703-237-8118
    Inventory current as of 1 minute ago.
    AT&T 16GB White: Available
    WiFi 64GB White: Limited Availability

Springfield
    6600 Springfield Mall (20 miles away)
    Springfield, VA 22150
    703-921-0220
    WiFi 32GB Black: Limited Availability

Prince Georges Plaza
    3500 East West Hwy Ste 1200 (24 miles away)
    Hyattsville, MD 20782
    301-955-0005

Potomac Mills
    2460 Prince William Pkwy (25 miles away)
    Woodbridge, VA 22192
    703-490-3242
    Verizon 64GB White: Available

Columbia
    6111 Dobbin Rd (34 miles away)
    Columbia, MD 21045
    410-290-1123
    Inventory current as of 2 minutes ago.
    WiFi 16GB White: Limited Availability

Annapolis
    1911 Towne Centre Blvd (46 miles away)
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    443-837-3540
    WiFi 16GB Black: Available

Chambersburg
    913 Norland Ave (66 miles away)
    Chambersburg, PA 17201
    717-709-2062
    Inventory current as of 25 seconds ago.
    AT&T 64GB White: Available

17. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; es-es) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Excuse me? I am not asking for a gift from apple, I'm asking for customer service. If they at least mail me before cancelling my order, I could fix the problem with my bank.

18. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

That's strange. They always call me if there is a problem with an online order like address mis-match or something. I've never had them just cancel the order. Maybe it's an iPad thing.

Cheers,

19. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; es-es) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks man.

20. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I can't believe some defend Apple's standing here. Even if his credit card was denied they could have put his iPad on hold for let's say 3 days. If the card holder could not resolve the problem in that time frame then release the iPad to the next customer. It's beyond reason to send him to the end of the line.

21. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Call your credit card company. Tell them they're the reason your ipad shipment was cancelled and you want to know why.

22. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

Great info.
    Thanks man

23. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

Thank god somebody here understand my problem!

24. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

We only know one side of the story, here. Not saying that there's more to it than what we've been told, but I think it's just as unreasonable to assume that Apple didn't have a very good reason for handling it the way they did. If they assumed that his credit was no good (rightly or not), I see no reason why a company with perhaps millions of people with perceived to be good credit waiting for iPads wouldn't put someone they think has bad credit to the back of the line.

Now if they did make a mistake and it was proven to them, then they should put him at the very front of the line to make it up to him.

25. eseminario thread starter macrumors member

Exactly.
    My banker said it was a double try from apple to charge the same ammount of money in one minute, so they block it. It seems like their system tried to charge twice maybe because of a network problem or something like that. I understand it, but at least call me or email me.. Let me know the problem.