Apple Store telling me that my AT&T password is invalid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stagmeister, Oct 7, 2011.

1. stagmeister macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2004
    Is anyone else getting a message saying that their AT&T password is invalid, when trying to check availability via the apple store?? This is maddening...
  2. p1ally macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I never put in the billing password.
  3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

Oct 29, 2006
    ~119W 34N
    If you also have a passcode (second level security), try using that instead. That worked for me when checking my eligibility.
  4. stagmeister thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2004
    Nope, nothing's working... ok time to hit the sack and hope that it works tomorrow!
  5. Usernam macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2012
    I Had the same problem. Solved

When checking out of the Apple Store to buy the iPhone 5 the eligibility page would ask for my billing password if I had one, otherwise put your billing zip code. No matter what I did it said I had to provide a billing password and when I did it said that password is invalid. I confirmed that the billing password is what AT&T calls your security pass code and the password I was providing was correct. It is the second password you enter after logging into AT&T wireless online. However my password was so old(from Cingular) that it was alphanumeric because at the time I created it that was the format. Now the security password/billing password is ONLY allowed to be numerical. I changed my security pass code on AT&T wireless online to a numerical password and was finally able to complete my purchase on Apples website.
    Simple, after 7 hours of trying to buy a phone. I hope this helps others.
  6. abemonkey macrumors member

Apr 4, 2009
    If it was lower case use all caps. That's what I had to do. Weird I know.