Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearcats087

macrumors member
May 20, 2010
Cincinnati
went to kenwood towne centre today and the apple store was closed and had white curtains so people couldnt look in also there was lights on and employees outside of it

Titanium81

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2011
Anyone think the Late 2011 MBP will have updated screens?

Maybe higher res for the 13"?

badtzwang

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
went to kenwood towne centre today and the apple store was closed and had white curtains so people couldnt look in also there was lights on and employees outside of it

Not sure if this was meant as a joke ... but the store was probably closed off for Steve Jobs' memorial.

Acidsplat

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2011
Everyone:
Please stop talking about Bluetooth 4.0
Apple has already, quietly, updated all of the MacBook Pros as of last month to Bluetooth 4.0

Here is proof from my 2 week old MacBook Pro 13" base model.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-19 at 1.30.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-19 at 1.30.00 PM.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 105

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
Everyone:
Please stop talking about Bluetooth 4.0
Apple has already, quietly, updated all of the MacBook Pros as of last month to Bluetooth 4.0

Here is proof from my 2 week old MacBook Pro 13" base model.

Do you mean the "Apple Bluetooth Software Version"?
I think this is just the software version which is not related to the actual hardware itself. It appears on my Late 2010 MacBook Air as well :confused:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-20 at 9.37.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-20 at 9.37.20 AM.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 57

tears2040

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
your right that comment was directed at your, just the quote that everyone is waiting and all waiting is the same, but if you "need" a computer, than there is only so much waiting you can do

Everyone is speculating that a refresh on the MBP is coming this month or next...... It's not about waiting it's about knowing not to buy something when a new version will be out soon.

If a newer version doesn't come out by next month then I will no longer wait as my 07 MBP is on it's last legs.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
there is normal waiting and there is people who are currently without a computer and wait because they think something better is around the corner

your right that comment was directed at your, just the quote that everyone is waiting and all waiting is the same, but if you "need" a computer, than there is only so much waiting you can do

There are always something better around the corner, technology is moving forward every minute.

If you read my original post you see that I specifically wrote "We buy whatever we need, whenever we want it and whenever we need it". We all play the waiting game until we REALLY need it.

My point is that if you really need something now, then buy it now.
However, it is stupid to buy something right now if it's being updated within a few months if you already have a working computer and you don't really need the update for work other than for "I want a newer and snappier computer".

ok wait for the 2014 macbook pros than

I am waiting for the 2014 MBP's. I think everyone here does. Don't you want to know what they will be like? Just because I am waiting for those models however, doesn't mean that I won't get something before then.

When I need a new computer, I will buy one. If this occurs before the 2014 MBP's, then I'll get it anyway even if I'm "waiting" for the 2014 models.

PS! I'll probably get the 2012 MBP with the Ivy Bridge. I'm "playing the waiting game" as you call it because I have a 2009 MBP that still works fairly well and I don't need the 2011 model for anything. My MBP can do all the things I need it to do. That doesn't mean I don't crave for an update though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.