Apple Store Woodlands, TX

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Is anyone else going to go to the opening?
It opens in july 30th, at 10 AM.

I'm leaving my house at 6, to be in line by 7. (I live an hour away!! Eep!)

Just curious if any other Houston/Woodlands/Texan macrumorerers are going to it.

:)

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
I'm not going (I live too far away), but I would appreciate it if you could take some pictures and post them here when you get back!

edit: WTF is a 65832? I've never seen anyone on the forums with this rank. I guess it doesn't last very long...

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
No, not going, though the Woodlands are only a short 3 hour trip away. Oh, and you better take some pictures... ;)

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Oh, believe-you-me, I will!!

I had a dream last night that ol' Steve'll be there.
*crosses fingers*

..if I ask nicely enough will he give me money for college?

haha

and Ham_Man, three hours is too long for an Apple Grand opening houplah?
...yeah, one hour drive is, too. :eek:

I'm such a geek. :(

iSaint

macrumors 603
katie ta achoo said:

Just curious if any other Houston/Woodlands/Texan macrumorerers are going to it.

If you win another powerbook I want your old one!!! :D :D :rolleyes:

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
Oh, believe-you-me, I will!!

I had a dream last night that ol' Steve'll be there.
*crosses fingers*

..if I ask nicely enough will he give me money for college?

haha

and Ham_Man, three hours is too long for an Apple Grand opening houplah?
...yeah, one hour drive is, too. :eek:

I'm such a geek. :(
Well I wouldn't be the one doing the driving... :rolleyes:

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
houston area gets another one and we dont have any yet? :p although i suppose yall are several times our size...but anyway, that's awesome having another grand opening. if i could drive i'd probably go, but i doubt my parents would want to go 4 hours to see a store. :p:(

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
homerjward said:
houston area gets another one and we dont have any yet? :p although i suppose yall are several times our size...but anyway, that's awesome having another grand opening. if i could drive i'd probably go, but i doubt my parents would want to go 4 hours to see a store. :p:(

The woodlands is NOT Houston.
Bellaire is Houston. West U is houston.
The woodlands is like.. FREAKING IN DALLAS!!

For some reason, it bothers me that people say "yah, I'm from houston!" and I ask where, then they say "the woodlands"
It's like.. FOREVER AWAY! it's so not houston!

Like, "I live in Houston.. Just a little east... In louisiana. It's only an Hour drive!"

Enjoy my map!!! :) :)

iSaint If I win another PowerBook, I'm not going to even open it. I'll immediately sell it for $ for vienna and college. I'm keeping this one.. I love it! I hope if I win one, it's a 17 inch-er! I could get so much $$ for it! ROCK! (17 is just.. TOO BIG!!)
If I somehow win a PowerMac G5 with dual 2.7s.. OH MAN. SCREW VIENNA, I NEED RAM!!!
I mean...
Yeah, I'll stick to my original statement.

Attachments

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
katie ta achoo said:
The woodlands is NOT Houston.
Bellaire is Houston. West U is houston.
The woodlands is like.. FREAKING IN DALLAS!!

For some reason, it bothers me that people say "yah, I'm from houston!" and I ask where, then they say "the woodlands"
It's like.. FOREVER AWAY! it's so not houston!

Like, "I live in Houston.. Just a little east... In louisiana. It's only an Hour drive!"

Enjoy my map!!! :) :)

iSaint If I win another PowerBook, I'm not going to even open it. I'll immediately sell it for $ for vienna and college. I'm keeping this one.. I love it! I hope if I win one, it's a 17 inch-er! I could get so much $$ for it! ROCK! (17 is just.. TOO BIG!!)
If I somehow win a PowerMac G5 with dual 2.7s.. OH MAN. SCREW VIENNA, I NEED RAM!!!
I mean...
Yeah, I'll stick to my original statement.
that map is hilarious!! i didnt know where woodlands was, sorry :eek:

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
If it's cooler than the Austin store, then I'll be super jealous and I'll have to move into your house, assume your identity, and get a job there. :D

just kidding... or am I? :eek: :D

scem0

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
scem0 said:
If it's cooler than the Austin store, then I'll be super jealous and I'll have to move into your house, assume your identity, and get a job there. :D

just kidding... or am I? :eek: :D

scem0
:eek:
I hope the Woodlands store is crappy!! :)

hahaha!

Enjoy the two-hour roundtrip drive to work! :p

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
Well, I'm going to do my best to be there with ya Katie. I'll be rocking with my almost free iPod min, my used but still so cool iBook and wearing a tshirt that shows off the rippling abs and muscles. ;)

Is no one else going? Just me and Katie? If so, 500 shirts for her and 500 shirts for me. :)

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
mercuryjones said:
Well, I'm going to do my best to be there with ya Katie. I'll be rocking with my almost free iPod min, my used but still so cool iBook and wearing a tshirt that shows off the rippling abs and muscles. ;)

Is no one else going? Just me and Katie? If so, 500 shirts for her and 500 shirts for me. :)
Hehe.
The opening is now on July 31.. umm.. it's been uh.. changed...

/501 shirts for me!

Lertie32

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2005
CA
Houston Schmouston

LMAO
:D

I'm from NW Houston and that map is hysterical. Actually I don't consider the Woodlands too far out - especially since you can drive for three hours and still be in the freakin' city. Most people have NO concept of how big Houston is.

I think Houston is the fourth largest city in the U.S. by population, but it is the largest city in the country by geographic size. It's h-u-g-e. I'm living in Sacramento now and I try not to laugh when they say "rush hour" here. Houstonians are overjoyed if they can get anywhere in under an hour.

Hmm... maybe I'll fly back to Houston for this opening.
Holy crap - now I know I'm a geek.

Have fun!

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Lertie32 said:
LMAO

I'm from NW Houston and that map is hysterical. Actually I don't consider the Woodlands too far out - especially since you can drive for three hours and still be in the freakin' city. Most people have NO concept of how big Houston is.

I think Houston is the fourth largest city in the U.S. by population, but it is the largest city in the country by geographic size. It's h-u-g-e. I'm living in Sacramento now and I try not to laugh when they say "rush hour" here. Houstonians are overjoyed if they can get anywhere in under an hour.

Hmm... maybe I'll fly back to Houston for this opening.
Holy crap - now I know I'm a geek.

Have fun!

Hahah, I can drive for three hours in Houstonn and go half a mile! (TRAFFIC!!!!)
Ooo! We can have a MR party at the Apple opening! looks like some TUAW blog readers are going, too!

*is getting to the mall at 6:45, to get in and in line by 7. I want to be first!!

I feel like a huge geek. I'm going to SF in about a week, and the high point is either the Federal Reserve (econ geek) or the Mother Ship (Appleness)

OK, I like the mother ship more. :)

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
Lancetx said:
Not to worry, you'll have one of your own in SA now in only two more months. :)
we will? is that the one in the shops at la cantera? that's also sort of loosely san antonio lol

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
katie ta achoo said:

I am probably going, but I have a few Questions:

1. Where is the store opening, parking?, where will the line start (of course I would like to get there early)?

2. What are they giving away? Is there any way to tell? If not, what do they typically give away? How many shirts? Ipods? Computers? Tiger (still need this on my Feb. '05 pb)? Other software?

3. Is it a "lottery" system, or is there a great benefit to being there several hours before?

4. What is a typical store opening like?

Thanks for your help, I haven't been to a store opening.

RD

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
crdean1 said:

1. Where is the store opening, parking?, where will the line start (of course I would like to get there early)?

2. What are they giving away? Is there any way to tell? If not, what do they typically give away? How many shirts? Ipods? Computers? Tiger (still need this on my Feb. '05 pb)? Other software?

3. Is it a "lottery" system, or is there a great benefit to being there several hours before?

RD

1. Dont know
2. Most stores dont unless there a huge flagship store only give away tee shirts.

edit: they typicly give away a iMac G5, Cannon DV camcorder & printer (but its a month long promotion)
edit 2:
Apples Website said:
Enter the Grand Opening Sweepstakes to win a Digital Lifestyle Collection valued at $2350. The winner will receive a 17-inch flat-panel iMac G5 with Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW), an iPod mini, a Canon PowerShot SD400 digital camera, a Canon ZR100 digital camcorder, and an Epson Stylus R200 printer. No purchase necessary. Submit your entry from July 30 through August 30. See official rules and details.
3. Not sure what you mean but the benifit for getting there early is so you dont have to wait 45mins to get inside the store and you get to chat with the people around you that love macs too.
4. Most store openings have the manager come out to great everyone then you come inside and all the employees are enthusiastic and give out highfives. Then when you leave you get your shirt. (im not sure if this is common but the woodland mall (mich) opening the employees came out an hour before the opening were yelling and running around the lines gettin everybody excited)

I think the grand openings are always fun.

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 2, 2005
crdean1 said:

RD
Line = in front of store. I'll be the first person in line, clicking away on her PowerBook. (hehe)

giveaway= first 1000 people get shirts! ROCK!

being early = is just fun to geek out and hang with other mac-heads

typical opening= HOOEEE FUN! (accd to what I've googled. it's my first one, too!)

I'll see you there?

ToddW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2004
Capt Underpants said:
I'm not going (I live too far away), but I would appreciate it if you could take some pictures and post them here when you get back!

edit: WTF is a 65832? I've never seen anyone on the forums with this rank. I guess it doesn't last very long...

Same here, if only they would get a store in Fort Worth!!!!!!!!