Apple Stores are down

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
UK
I was just browsing the UK store when the familiar "We'll be back soon " message came up.

Maybe the Macbooks and/or ibooks WILL be released today.

We'll have to wait and see.:cool:

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Cool, but its weird that the US store is still up, its usually the first to go down.....Anyhow as much as i'd like to see an MacBook update I think we'll probably just see the new red iPods and the MacBook's probably on Thursday at the press conference as steve will want something substantial to talk about...

ShadoW

Vaphoron

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2004
Maryland
I really got my hopes up there for a minute but the US store is still up right now. Still crossing my fingers though...

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Noooooooo!!!! My iBook is going to be obsolete! :p

Or, maybe they're just repackaging iLife '06 with yesterday's updates.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Vaphoron said:
I really got my hopes up there for a minute but the US store is still up right now. Still crossing my fingers though...
From what I know, the US store is usually the last to go down.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Never knew about the US store being last to go down....good news lets keep our fingers crossed for the MacBook's without intergrated graphics!

ShadOW

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
The sign is never right - it usually takes over an hour.

I've been watching the Finland site, which is still up - the 'slip ups' during the down time usually occur there (last time they prematurely revealed the banner ad for the 17 inch MBP).

Will be interesting to see what updates there are - surely not a MacBook at last? ;)

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
shadowmoses said:
Never knew about the US store being last to go down....good news lets keep our fingers crossed for the MacBook's without intergrated graphics!

ShadOW
My thoughts, exactly! :)

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
What does everyone make of the new ad for engraving???
Is it a sign for a new iPod, or that Apple are thibkibg about the buying season already???

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Maybe thanks to the latest lawsuit, they're removing all the iPods and selling Creative.....whatevers (don't know any of their range, though that's not really a shock).

:D

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
liketom said:
ok so if it is Macbooks and an iPod who's buying today ???
I may put in an order for a MacBook thing is my iBook G4 (sig) is on ebay now, ending Thursday afternoon, as i thought the MacBooks would be released then, hopefully the release of the MacBooks if it is today wont knock down the price I get for my G4 iBook.....

Also when does the store normally come back up is it on the hour?

Shadow