Apple Stores are saying they will get it this Friday, why order online?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Aluminum213, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Like many of you I ordered it right away (64GB version), but then I went to the local Apple Store and they said they expect it this week, Friday or Saturday. Unless I pay for next day shipping, I'd have to wait till next week to get my hands on it if I order online.

There is zero chance there is going to be any crowd for this product at Apple Stores this weekend, if you have a store nearby I see no reason to pre-order it if you want it as soon as possible

2. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

That "store nearby" is the sticky part. My nearest Apple Store is 60 miles away.

3. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Typical Apple would do Saturday delivery. I, however, will try my luck in the stores.

4. loekf macrumors 6502

loekf

Don't think the premium resellers will have it. My nearest Apple store is 120 km away.

Last saturday, even the Applestore in Dusseldorf didn't have the Magic Keyboard and new trackpad on stock. Magic mouse was. So, it will take some time for new stuff to arrive in the retail channel.

5. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I have a store right by me and if they get some in Friday or Saturday I will just go pick one up and return the one I ordered online since I paid for express shipping.

6. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

Didn't realize they were going to have it that fast. Thought they wouldn't get them until next Friday. Now I'm really thinking of cancelling my order and just pick it up at the Apple store.

7. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I agree, which is why I "if you have an Apple Store nearby"

8. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

9. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I hope they'll have them friday or saturday but I feel like website orders will arrive first and they won't get stock till next week

Bestbuy says wednesday November 4th.

10. digduggler macrumors regular

I pre ordered with free shipping. It might get here Friday but not according to the estimate. If not, I will swing by and get one Friday and return the web order.

Basically gambling and guaranteeing 0 or 2 Apple store visits.

11. dke11ett macrumors newbie

Did you call your Best Buy or was this online? I'd like to use my $10 My Best Buy Reward :)

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

You have to click on "when will you get it" under product availability on bestbuy.com

13. QWERTYMac7 macrumors regular

And my nearest store is 293.2 miles, per Apple 'find a store.'

14. UhFive macrumors regular

UhFive

15. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

If now live within walking distance of my local Apple Store, but I lived a few miles out further out where I used to live then it would cost me £4 in bus fair or £2 in for an hours parking. It would also take me about 20 minutes to there and 20 minutes to get back, add on top a minimum of 10 minutes to get from my car/bus, pick one up and back you are then taking out at least 1 hour of your day.

I can stay at home, relax, get on with things like uni work, house cleaning all whilst the TV box comes to me.

Here in the UK when you spend £50 on the Apple Store then delivery is free, so it's not costing me any extra for delivery.

16. bpratt88 macrumors newbie

I drive right past 2 Apple Stores (Stanford Mall and Palo Alto) on my 8 mile commute to/from work, but I still ordered two online with express shipping. Admittedly, I thought about just stopping in at one of the stores on my way home Friday evening, but I'd rather pay a few bucks to have it delivered to my house and avoid a stop at the end of a busy week. Kinda silly, I know, but I really am that lazy. :)

17. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

same, worst case scenario I pick it up next week when I would have had it shipped to me anyway

18. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

Wife will be at the Apple Store friday! will find out if they have it stock. If they do ill cancel my online order.

19. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I hope it's available for in-store pick up by Friday.

20. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

The kid at the local Best Buy yesterday said that they know nothing. No SKU in their system and no info from store management. Typical BB shtick.

21. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Well I hope they don't try a Sat. delivery to my work address ;)

22. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

How do you know that they will be in stock at the Apple Stores this Friday?

23. Titus macrumors member

The nearest Apple store is about 50 miles away and it is ALWAYS crowded. It's in a mall and they have to limit the number of people they let into the store. Mine is supposed to be here on Friday.

24. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

My friend is out in US at the moment, if it does come out in-store Friday I will be cancelling or returning my UK order as its cheaper over there.

That was my original plan anyways!

25. UhFive macrumors regular

UhFive

That's kinda what this tread is about...I'm not saying "I know" they will be in stock this Friday, but more of the store is right down the street and I have the day off work, no harm in stopping buy to see if they have one in stock.