Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As of today, Apple Stores across the United States and around the world are offering a new system that allows Apple Store employees to apply Belkin-branded screen protectors for iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, and 6s Plus customers. Many stores across the world began rolling out the Belkin ScreenCare+ Application System last week, but the system is officially available in retail stores starting this morning.

Belkin's ScreenCare+ Application System lets Apple Store employees accurately and precisely apply screen protectors using a ScreenCare+ machine. When a customer purchases either a Belkin TrueClear Invisiglass Screen Protector or a Belkin TrueClear Anti-Glare Screen Protector, an Apple retail employee who has been trained in the application method will bring the ScreenCare+ machine from the back of the store.

Using the machine, the employee will clean a customer's iPhone display and then apply the screen protector directly in front of the customer. Should a mistake be made during the application process, a new screen protector will be applied at no cost to the customer.

The Belkin screen protector application service should greatly cut down on the hassle involved with applying a screen protector at home. With Belkin's machine, there's less room for error as alignment is automatic and there's little chance of dust or debris accidentally getting stuck under the screen protector.

ScreenCare+ is available at Apple Stores worldwide, but screen protector application is limited to Apple's latest iPhones – the iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, and 6s Plus. Belkin's Invisiglass screen protector is made from an ultra-thin, flexible glass that absorbs shock and is shatterproof while preserving the natural feel of the iPhone. The Anti-Glare screen protector reduces glare to improve visibility in bright light while also protecting the iPhone display from damage.

Screen protectors can be purchased from Apple retail stores and applied by Apple Store employees starting immediately.

Article Link: Apple Stores Now Offering Belkin Screen Protector Application

Last edited:

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline

As of today, Apple Stores across the United States and around the world are offering a new system that allows Apple Store employees to apply Belkin-branded screen protectors for iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, and 6s Plus customers. Many stores across the world began rolling out the Belkin ScreenCare+ Application System last week, but the system is officially available in retail stores starting this morning.

Belkin's ScreenCare+ Application System lets Apple Store employees accurately and precisely apply screen protectors using a ScreenCare+ machine. When a customer purchases either a Belkin TrueClear Invisiglass Screen Protector or a Belkin TrueClear Anti-Glare Screen Protector, an Apple retail employee who has been trained in the application method will bring the ScreenCare+ machine from the back of the store.

Using the machine, the employee will clean a customer's iPhone display and then apply the screen protector directly in front of the customer. Should a mistake be made during the application process, a new screen protector will be applied at no cost to the customer.

The Belkin screen protector application service should greatly cut down on the hassle involved with applying a screen protector at home. With Belkin's machine, there's less room for error as alignment is automatic and there's little chance of dust or debris accidentally getting stuck under the screen protector.

ScreenCare+ is available at Apple Stores worldwide, but screen protector application is limited to Apple's latest iPhones - the iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, and 6s Plus. Belkin's Invisiglass screen protector is made from an ultra-thin, flexible glass that absorbs shock and is shatterproof while preserving the natural feel of the iPhone. The Anti-Glare screen protector reduces glare to improve visibility in bright light while also protecting the iPhone display from damage.

Screen protectors can be purchased from Apple retail stores and applied by Apple Store employees starting immediately.

Article Link: Apple Stores Now Offering Belkin Screen Protector Application
Having given up on applying screen protectors in the past because they so often leave bubbles, that Belkin tool seems like it'll be useful. Bet they sell a lot more screen protectors.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I'm on the side of no screen protector. Had iPhones since the 3GS, and had Android phones since the Nexus one, never put a screen protector, and they all have pristine screens. I mean that's the point of gorilla glass, to prevent scratches.

Now I can understand those that use their phones for work and need more ruggedness, especially if the phone is exposed to sands and dust. But normal use? Save the money.

Corrode

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
I'm curious to know what the "feel" of these protectors is like. Two years ago I decided to go sans protector and haven't looked back. Sure you get some scratches here and there but the feel of the screen is so much nicer.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
Putting a protector on a phone can be easy (hint: use tape). I don't think I'd pay for that.

Putting a protector on an iPad can be a pain, but is still quite doable. I might pay for that.

What I would DEFINITELY pay for is Apple to put an ANTI-GLARE screen protector on their glossy MacBook systems.

I have an anti-glare protector on my 15" Retina MacBook Pro, and it is SO much nicer. It was a major hassle putting it on, though.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
This is a good idea, but I am concerned that there is no cost information here. I have a cheap glass screen saver on my 6S but it is heavy and slightly misaligned.

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
Machine and clean enclosure will help with the application process. Although I am not a fan of the glass protector.

I have always had screen protector in the front and the body skin in the back. Never had a case since 3GS. Screen has been pristine and so has been the body. Oleophobic coating scratches easily even if the glass doesn't. I prefer to have a screen protector, but application is a skilled process. I have able to train myself to apply the skin nearly flawlessly.

Body skin on the 6s and the plus provide the much needed grip, its not at all slippery. Bestskinsever.

Last edited:
Reactions: dk001 and Regbial

Oblivious.Robot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
That's how I have always been.. except on my 6s Plus I had within two months two visible decent scratches on the display.. no idea why.
Must have hit by with something really sharp!

You know the funny thing? I used to have Xperia phones before migrating, and it had these screen protectors on since day one, I was just copying my friends.. just a few months down the line, the screen became all smudgy and scratched.. and out of pure anger I peeled off the damn thing.. oddly I used it for another year, and the screen (gorilla glass as iPhones) was as good as new, with absolutely no marks!

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
On older iPhones you could apply a protecter quite nicely. It was pretty much invisible.

But with the curved glass, I don't see how this device would help either.

Robot Overlord

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
I used to think my screens were "perfect" until I saw my "pristine" 4S screen after a year vs my friends which had been been under a protector for a year. While there were zero visible scratches or abrasions, it just didn't look as good. Made a believer out of me that day.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Everybody has a different situation. So, with or without is actually decided by where you have your phone and what you do with it.
When I bought my 3GS at the time unpacking it in my car, I put it upside down for just a moment
on the center console between the seats, but my dog stepped on it trying to sit next to me and a
small amount of sand grains on the console made a big scratch. All of 30 seconds to ruin the screen.

Now, that was klutzy of me, however since that experience I prefer to have a screen protector on my phones.

Bought one advertised by OWC as "for 6/6S" from Newer Tech, which turned out to be difficult to put on PLUS it is only the size of the 6 and 1 mm too short on all the sides. (Gave it a bad review because of that)

Using a machine to put this thing on and having it repeated if at first it's no good is great.

Now we need a price and I'll be at the local Apple store this weekend, replacing the bad Newer Tech/OWC protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.