Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

If you are looking to purchase some last-minute gifts, Apple's retail stores are now offering free two-hour delivery on eligible, in-stock products in select countries. The offer is available for the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, AirPods, and Apple TV only.

Apple-Store-Free-Two-Hour-Delivery.jpeg

Free two-hour delivery is available in most U.S. metro areas for orders placed through Apple's online store by 12:00 p.m. local time on December 24. The items will be delivered from a local Apple retail store by a courier such as Postmates at a time selected during checkout. Apple normally charges $9 for two-hour delivery.

Apple is also offering free two-hour delivery in select areas of Canada, France, Spain, and the UK, along with free three-hour delivery in Australia.

Apple has a holiday gift guide for those looking for last-minute gift ideas. Most products purchased between November 4 and December 25 are eligible for return until January 8, 2023 under Apple's extended holiday return policy.

Article Link: Apple Stores Offering Free Two-Hour Delivery on Last-Minute Gifts

Realityck

macrumors 603
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Free two-hour delivery is available in most U.S. metro areas for orders placed through Apple's online store by 12:00 p.m. local time on December 24. The items will be delivered from a local Apple retail store by a courier such as Postmates at a time selected during checkout. Apple normally charges $9 for two-hour delivery.
That’s what you call highly motivated to sell using a same day delivery company. I saw Best Buy locally in Silicon Valley doing that before Thanksgiving and their sales were a lot better than the previous year. Obviously Apple now recognizes these same day carriers value now to move inventory.

Realityck

macrumors 603
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Two hours, in this storm? I hope Apple doesn't end up killing some drivers.
The delivery company’s employees often use their own cars for local deliveries. Obviously the same day company’s cannot deliver in harsh weather conditions, only when it’s safe to do so. Your example of the extreme cold in some parts of central/Eastern USA Today into Saturday might prevent all deliveries.

JPack

macrumors G4
Mar 27, 2017
Two hours? More like never.

Remember, this is the service where Apple uses shady drivers from Uber Eats and Postmates. High chance of them disappearing with your package and indicating they cancelled your pickup. You’ll spend days with Apple telling them it was never delivered and they’ll tell you it was.

compwiz1202

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010

Remember, this is the service where Apple uses shady drivers from Uber Eats and Postmates. High chance of them disappearing with your package and indicating they cancelled your pickup. You’ll spend days with Apple telling them it was never delivered and they’ll tell you it was.
Yea I barely trust them with food because they can't follow directions or take forever or forget something. But at least that's only maybe $20, and if I report it, they will believe me and credit/refund

CharlesShaw

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2015

I’ve had two deliveries this year and it was required that I meet the driver and sign for the deliveries. It was nice to be able to watch the driver’s progress on the screen. In both cases, the drivers telephoned me (one also texted) to let me know they were nearby.

Both Apple deliveries had two-hour windows and were MUCH less stressful than similar Apple deliveries using FedEx or UPS where they don’t require a signature and left my items outside. Both services also have a tendency to send a text that the item has been delivered long before the driver actually arrives, so I’d end up walking around outside looking for my package.

In the future, if I‘m buy directly from Apple, I will happily pay the $9 for the Uber delivery.

Reactions: Kengineer

BobSc

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2020
I’ve have two deliveries this year and it was required that I meet the driver and sign for the deliveries. It was nice to be able to watch the driver’s progress on the screen. In both cases, the drivers telephoned me (one also texted) to let me know they were nearby.

Both Apple deliveries had two-hour windows and were MUCH less stressful than similar Apple deliveries using FedEx or UPS where they don’t require a signature and left my items outside. Both services also have a tendency to send a text that the item has been delivered long before the driver actually arrives, so I’d end up walking around outside looking for my package.

In the future, if I‘m buy directly from Apple, I will happily pay the $9 for the Uber delivery.
I agree. I've spent $9 many times for courier service and it's been worth it every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kengineer

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I’ve had two deliveries this year and it was required that I meet the driver and sign for the deliveries. It was nice to be able to watch the driver’s progress on the screen. In both cases, the drivers telephoned me (one also texted) to let me know they were nearby.

This was going to be my ask, if it’s akin to their traditional courier service that requires signature. I’ve used it previously as well and while I appreciate that extra step for delivery of a required signature, while at office today I made the decision to brave the crowds on lunch to go to my local Apple Store at the mall. Surprisingly not bad, but no way I’d be be caught at any mall after 6pm this time of year. Snarled traffic is the bane of my existence haha.

compwiz1202

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
More people are just shopping online then ever. If a local chain store has something in stock they are offering online customers a option to use a local carrier's same day delivery instead of using USPS/UPS/FedEX as examples in the states that can't provide such quick service.
When I did Best Buy once, I had thought I chose Overnight, but was like how is the date today. Nice thing for us was they didn't make you sign or anything. Doesn't Apple make you do that? Or maybe it depends on cost. I don't think the thing I ordered was super expensive

Reactions: Realityck
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.