Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sigp232

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
Been checking last couple of days around LA and there still out of stock for the X.

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
This was expected, not every day was going to be like launch weekend...They will drip in slowly until early 2018, prediction probably won't be too far off about when they will fully meet demand.

Reactions: TinyChip

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
If an Apple Store gets less than 5 units delivered on a given day, the online inventory checker won't show them available. Literally, people are still lining up at Apple Stores early morning, and the first few people can get the walkin stock.

Reactions: svepo

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
In NYC and there haven’t been any stores with stock.

I’m assuming by the weekend stores should see scarce deliveries.
[doublepost=1510162606][/doublepost]
If an Apple Store gets less than 5 units delivered on a given day, the online inventory checker won't show them available. Literally, people are still lining up at Apple Stores early morning, and the first few people can get the walkin stock.

I haven’t seen any lines in NYC since the weekend. There’s no phones to be had anyway at the moment

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
This was expected, not every day was going to be like launch weekend...They will drip in slowly until early 2018, prediction probably won't be too far off about when they will fully meet demand.

Yep then they will release the not so rushed version

Reactions: TinyChip

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
In NYC and there haven’t been any stores with stock.

I’m assuming by the weekend stores should see scarce deliveries.
[doublepost=1510162606][/doublepost]

I haven’t seen any lines in NYC since the weekend. There’s no phones to be had anyway at the moment

Got lucky as I reserved one on Sunday for 10:30am pickup. I do not know how that was even possible, the 5th Avenue store is open 24 hours and people were looking to buy one who were already there.

NJ stores currently are bone dry, been that way since Saturday in my area at least.

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012
Check at 6:00 am local time, that is when they update for reservations according to my local store.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Most Apple stores get a shipment of several each day, but the staff won't know until the morning of. Problem is most Apple stores have people waiting in line. Unless you're the first 4-8 and they have the color/carrier/HD you want it's tough to get. I would still order one because you can cancel it just prior to shipment.

usman2308

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2016
I think the Edinburgh Apple Store is also out of stock. Been checking online.

Does the stock checker on the Apple website reflect the exact stock situation in the store? Not sure if it's worth going to the store and asking.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
Most Apple stores get a shipment of several each day, but the staff won't know until the morning of. Problem is most Apple stores have people waiting in line. Unless you're the first 4-8 and they have the color/carrier/HD you want it's tough to get. I would still order one because you can cancel it just prior to shipment.

This is what the Apple associate at my local Apple store told me yesterday.

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
I know there are even some Apple stores where they won't even allow in-store pick up at all just for the iPhone X.

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
Glad I jumped on the in store stock on Saturday and got an IPX. Stock seemed to be waning starting Monday.
Yep. I got another one for my other line on Saturday as well. I am fortunate to get all my iPhone X on the launch day (my carrier - shipment and also store pick up) and a day after launch (Saturday via Apple online store pick up). I noticed after launch weekend, the phone availability has fading quickly. Wish all people who bought the phones and now returned them due to any excuses had not ever bought the phones so others who genuinely are able to buy and keep could get them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.