Apple stores still out of stock

yellowjacket25

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
istock is showing stock at one store, but there is no stock :(
They go fast. I tried to jump on one that was in stock at a nearby Apple store and they were out of stock by the time I finished the checkout. Pretty frustrating. You not only have to find it in stock, you are in a race with others to checkout first.

big sity

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
Michigan "GO BLUE"
I stopped using istock only because it was getting delayed updates....I kept checking through the apple store app and as soon as one popped up in my area this morning I jumped right on it...going to go pick up my phone today after work!!

Reactions: Olivia23

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
It would have also helped if some just held off for a while on their "other line" to allow others to get at least one!
Would have also helped if Apple didn’t have this deboggle with the pre-orders and also had enough phones to go around per say...

democracyrules

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
It would have also helped if some just held off for a while on their "other line" to allow others to get at least one!
Your excuse to return your iPhone after using it only for three days is not justifiable for preventing others from getting one. At least, all iPhones I bought are being used genuinely for my family. So, will you also blame others with family more than two to buy more than one to use, not just use and meh, return it because of lame excuses? Give me a break. Buying more than one for family members is helping others within the famiy.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Your excuse to return your iPhone after using it only for three days is not justifiable for preventing others from getting one. At least, all iPhones I bought are being used genuinely for my family. So, will you also blame others with family more than two to buy more than one to use, not just use and meh, return it because of lame excuses? Give me a break. Buying more than one for family members is helping others within the famiy.
I would never blame the "others".:p

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
I am afraid that happens every year. The only reason the 8 and 8+ were easy is the X took the pressure off the 8 and 8+ inventory.
I don’t know...I think Apple as a whole botched this whole thing. The 8 and 8 plus while good phones just seem long in the tooth, Apple could have and should just brought the X with a plus varient. The reason they didn’t was the numbers, lol this would have been the 8 line. The numbers are so out of whack, it’s like hi...where’s iPhone 9?

Only they get away with this craziness, and low stock, and faulty screens, and all else that vibes into the negative zone.

ixybengal

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
Brea store showing one available right now. gone in 3 mins.

Last edited:

Sigp232

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Yup your right 256 to much for me 64 better for my needs. And crazy traffic going to brea these days.

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
The closest Apple store to me is 3 hours away so the only time I could go is on a Saturday. Looking to grab one in Kansas City but haven’t seen any stock for the past few days

AppleZombie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
SoCal
Still available, looks like more than 1, Brea Mall in L.A. 64 gb Verizon Space Gray Available Apple.com

You really just have to look every hour or so...

Sigp232

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Think next year will start dating a female manager at one of the Apple stores than she can hold me one on day one. Next day change number on iPhone X+.

Blondie&Dagwood

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
Apple stores in Manhattan NY show that they have all models in stock and available for order and in store pick-up tomorrow for Verizon models. Must have just received a delivery this evening.