Apple Stores to Expand in Latin America, Starting With Mexico City

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Erdbeertorte Suspended

Strange that there is still not a single one here in Austria. My hometown in Germany has two and about the same population size as Vienna.
    But if they would build one in Vienna, it's more than 4 hours away from me. I'd be much faster in Munich. I think they have one. But I hate Bavaria. :D Also it's not really near too.

2. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

These are not 'random Latin American countries'. They are some of the wealthiest & these stores are long overdue -- especially in Mexico City, Buenos Aires and Santiago.

3. MacBH928 macrumors 68040

MacBH928

I can't believe this Apple Store thing started 14 years ago and they are still didn't expand every where yet. If they expanded by only 10 stores a year, one for each country, they would have covered the whole world by now.

4. steveTR011 macrumors newbie

Who gives a damn about Puerto Rico?

5. Dakenson_ macrumors newbie

Dakenson_

I agree, price isn't going to drop, the only difference between the resellers and the official Apple Stores will be the technical service that genius bars provide. Hell, even the design of the stores is basically the same! Going to the Mixup owned iShop or to a Compu Dabo owned MacStore is basically the same experience than all the actual Apple Stores i've been to in other countries.

6. CASANDRAPR macrumors newbie

CASANDRAPR

Ja ja ja, We dont have an officia apple store in Puerto Rico but we have representative that sell all of apple's products. And We in Puerto Rico are going through rough times now, but we are still atracting new stores to the island. we just opened two new H&M stores and we have the most glamorous and chic mall in the caribbean The Mall of San Juan. and we also have one of the biggest mall in Latin America Plaza Las Americas Mall, so apple will come to Puerto Rico soon. and dont forget that we have the highest PIB in all latin america. so dont hate bastard. ohh and we dont think we special we know we are.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 11, 2016 ---
    =and who give a fu#O about your third world country??????? wepa boricua
    what they called middle class in mexico is what we called poor in Puerto Rico.. jej je ja poor person in Puerto Rico have the same thing in his or her house as a middle class does in mexico.
    je je je ,, plese dont compare the quality of living of Puerto Rico with your third world countries. and you wish to have our PIB... go check the PiB per capita per country.

7. Ulisescm macrumors regular

Ulisescm

I'm at the store and the place is crowded!

Attached Files:

8. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

I had waited all year for this, but this weekend I had an improptu business meeting in another city, Damn! why must I be poor!?!?

I plan to hit the store this weekend.

9. Ulisescm macrumors regular

Ulisescm

I was lucky to get a 7 plus black mate, good experience.

10. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

I suppose they will have the series 2 watch since the day it launches on the web store (oct 7th), my wife wants one for her swimming sessions.