Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
LMAO. He used his work-issued iPhone to leak info about upcoming products? And then lied about it like they wouldn’t have the receipts on the device they control, which is a product they make? 😂
Well, leaking information which may cause you to lose your job is already not a smart move. The fact that they used their work phone to do so? Actually expected considering the level of intelligence on display here. :)

shawnforever

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
Breaching a contract you sign is illegal, period.
Breaching a contract like this is perfectly legal.

But you can still be held civilly liable in a court of law. Corporations do it all the time because they think the benefit they get from breaching the contract is greater than the penalty they will face. I'm not sure if this Stanford-educated guy calculated the costs and benefits here because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to throw away your career like that.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Breaching a contract like this is perfectly legal.

But you can still be held civilly liable in a court of law. Corporations do it all the time because they think the benefit they get from breaching the contract is greater than the penalty they will face. I'm not sure if this Stanford-educated guy calculated the costs and benefits here because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to throw away your career like that.
Nonsense, it is illegal…

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
“surprise and delight.” There aren’t enough roll eyes on the planet.

The guy was wrong for breaching his contractual obligations and deserves the mess he’s likely in, but how charming to see Apple remains in the saccharine, Dorian Gray-style love affair with itself.

Sith_lord

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2020
If you’re going to leak info, maybe don’t it from your work phone?
They are all technically work phones if they are iPhones 😅🤣. He would have to get an Android. Apple was busting unions through iMessage, so the union workers switched to Signal and Android. Apple has not problem violating your privacy if you have something against them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.