Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PurpleSookie

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2016
Australia
For what it's worth.

I was in the local store yesterday lot buy an iPad Pro with keyboard. The manager, whom I have known for a more than 10 years, had some interesting comments.

1. Don't buy before Black Friday.
2. There is going to be something really worth my time.
3. She believed that there was something new in the pipeline. I scoffed, and said the Apple doesn't do anything without an announcement. She said, "You got the email? That IS the announcement."
4. It will be available online, you don't need to be in the store.
5. The EPP will not be able to be combined with the discount in the store, but it might be available online. Just try it.

Ok. I'll play.

Credit card is being reloaded as we speak!!

Hope you are right!

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
Hey, this is Tim we're talking about here.
It won't be much.
Maybe, "Buy 4 dongles at the regular price, get 10% off the 5th".
Or, "Order the new MacBook Pro before Dec. 01, and get a $25 iTunes card".
Something like that.

Moorepheus

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Niagara Falls, NY
Well, here in the US, most other retailers are already starting their sales. Just got iPad Air 2 31% off, just don't see Apple giving 10% off let alone 31% off.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
No iPhone 7/7 plus, no MacBook Pro 2016, no this no that, what kind of event is this!!!

It's an Apple giveaway. Everything at top dollar. That's the kind of saving you can't get anywhere but from Apple. That's right, Apple used a strategy too brilliant for anyone else to even think of. :p

OS6-OSX

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
California
It's a clearance sale. Gotta move all that old stuff out at the highest retail price imaginable.
Sir, you are indeed a spy from Apple! Only an Apple insider would know it is a clearance sale. I'm surprised you didn't tell everyone about the motivational speaker and advertising person they brought in.
Apple Sale.png

Reactions: flyinmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.