Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Fans of popular Apple TV+ series Severance have been waiting for news about the second season of the show, and it looks like Apple will soon deliver.

Severance-Apple-TV-Plus-Banner.jpg

A teaser for the new season was shared on social media today, featuring a dim hallway with a red blinking light. The blinking light is Morse code that appears to translate to "tomorrow." Severance cast members including Adam Scott have also been teasing an upcoming announcement, so all signs point to an imminent news release about the series two premiere date.

Season two finished filming in April, so it is unlikely that the show is ready to debut tomorrow. Apple is probably teasing the first trailer for season two and a possible launch date announcement.

With its mysterious work environment and workers that agree to separate "innie" and "outie" personas, Severance has become one of the most discussed Apple TV+ shows.

Article Link: Apple Teases Severance Season 2

FineWoven

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Might have to give this one a try considering all the hype around it from viewers and critics alike. With there only having been one season so far this is the perfect time to jump in ahead of the new season just around the corner. With the exception of a couple standouts like Ted Lasso and The Morning Show, I haven't been all that terribly impressed with the ATV+ catalog up to this point. There are quite a few "Continue Watching..." series on my Home Screen that don't go deeper than one or two episodes. I do like how they're now following in the footsteps of the likes of HBO, Hulu, etc and offering a decent smattering of hit movies on a temporary rotating basis but most of their original content has left a lot to be desired imo. I hope they don't pull a Netflix and start green lighting anything and everything for no other reason than simply because they have the means to do so.

Reactions: Reason077

sherwinzadeh

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
I really hope it lives up to season 1. Rewatched it recently with my APP in my ears and holy crap the sound design and soundtrack are so good!
I wish I could do that with my APM if it didn't fail due to condensation death. 😠

Adoniram

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
I just hope it doesn’t end up like Lost, where there’s no actual story and the writers just scramble to put something together 30 mins before viewing… or at least, that’s how Lost felt after the first couple seasons.

This has that same vibe. Could be good, if there’s a creative story arc driving it, but could also be terrible if no one had a real plan after season 1. The way that season 1 rambled on near the end, it’s looking more probable to be another (higher budget) Lost.

Reactions: zarmanto

docbop

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Fans of popular Apple TV+ series Severance have been waiting for news about the second season of the show, and it looks like Apple will soon deliver.

Severance-Apple-TV-Plus-Banner.jpg

A teaser for the new season was shared on social media today, featuring a dim hallway with a red blinking light. The blinking light is Morse code that appears to translate to "tomorrow." Severance cast members including Adam Scott have also been teasing an upcoming announcement, so all signs point to an imminent news release about the series two premiere date.

Season two finished filming in April, so it is unlikely that the show is ready to debut tomorrow. Apple is probably teasing the first trailer for season two and a possible launch date announcement.

With its mysterious work environment and workers that agree to separate "innie" and "outie" personas, Severance has become one of the most discussed Apple TV+ shows.

Article Link: Apple Teases Severance Season 2
I didn't think much of Severance season 1 to me it was trying to hard to be werid and just wasn't working.

I don't like the new TV series that are only 8 or 10 episodes, then a long wait to see if it is even going to get another season. I'm thinking of giving up on Apple TV+ some good series but too long a wait for next season.

Reactions: jacobgkau

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Loved the first season, one of my all time favourites. BUT - they've really left it too long between seasons. My hype is still high though. Apparently they've shooting the third season around March next year.

Reactions: Aldaris

Bampf

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2018
Darn it. I JUST cancelled Apple TV last month, and was ready to move on to some other streaming platform for a while. Guess I'm turning it back on for a while.

Reactions: Robert.Walter
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.