MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

092752-2q2011_earnings_webcast.jpg

Apple today issued a media alert announcing details for Wednesday's release of its financial results for the second fiscal quarter and first calendar quarter of 2011. The results will be released after the close of Wednesday's trading at approximately 4:30 PM Eastern / 1:30 PM Pacific. Apple's conference call discussing the results will follow at 2:00 PM Pacific and will be available via a live audio webcast. MacRumors will provide running coverage of the conference call highlights.
Apple's conference call webcast discussing Q2 - 2011 financial results will begin at 2:00pm PT/5:00pm ET on Wednesday, April 20, 2011.

Please note that comments made during this call may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. For more information on the factors that could influence results, please refer to Apple's SEC filings.
Apple's second fiscal quarter of 2011 saw the introduction of new Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Pros in late February, followed by the U.S. debut of the iPad 2 in mid-March and a significant international launch of the device at the very end of the quarter.

For the quarter, analysts are predicting net earnings of $5.35 per share on revenue of $23.27 billion, above Apple's guidance of $4.90 profit per share on $22 billion of revenue. Apple's year-ago results for the second fiscal quarter of 2010 included net earnings of $3.33 per share on revenue of $13.50 billion.

Article Link: Apple to Announce Q2 2011 Financial Results on April 20th

paul4339

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
on 4/20 day! woo-hoo... I suspect that profits will be quite 'high'.

P.

Comment

linux2mac

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
"City of Lakes", MN
Waiting for the "industry plants" to come out of the wood work and make excuses. There can be no excuses for "third-rate" products like the pieces of crap copy cat tablets, junk Android phones, and horrible Windows PCs. People want quality and it shows with Apple's stock. :apple:

Comment

anomie

Suspended
Jun 29, 2010
wow, on Hitler´s birthday.

Let´s hope it will a better day for Apple than it was for humanity. :)

Comment

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Kind of anti climatic at this point.
- We made a lot of money
- We sold a lot of stuff
- We are excited about future products
- End of meeting.

Comment

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I expect AAPL to soar this week. It has been pulled back a lot recently but is ready to start back upwards again. It's still a bargain at its current price when you look at PE ratios of APPL and others.

]

Kind of anti climatic at this point.
- We made a lot of money
- We sold a lot of stuff
- We are excited about future products
- End of meeting.

Much like the posts of many a MR member.

Comment

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
Did my part...I got a new 2011 15" MBP. I hope their financial results are as satisfying as my new machine. Let the magical goodness rain :D

Comment

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
You're totally right. Im a very very jealous person at heart. Sometimes I wonder how I can wake up each morning:( Im just so thankful for friends like you who can give it to me straight;)

I will not take your bait. I do not pick on Justin Bieber fans.

Comment

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Good profits due to cheap labor.

Labor is only one part of a products actual cost and actually not the most important one.

The "Made in USA" argument has been discussed in depth, so what is your point?

You want to pay more for your products?

The world is now and has been for a while no matter where located a global economy and every company produces where it gets the best bang for the buck.
Bang is not only money, it's knowledge and education etc.. (Sorry to say, in education USA is slipping further and further, as all the budgets get cut)

The consumer with their lip service of : I would pay more if it was made here" are full of it.

They are voting daily with their wallets at dollar stores and the Walmarts of this world, buying "cheap labor" products.

Bogus argument!

Comment

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
:)

On a serious note though...I do wonder how long Apple can keep up their amazing growth. That said, my knowledge of the stock market barely rivals that of a typical 14 year old Justin Bieber fan...so

Very simple: There is growth (or not) in Apple's business, and there is growth (or not) in Apple's share price. Apple's share price is based on Apple's profits today, plus a prediction how Apple's profits will grow over the years. So the AAPL share price is higher than Apple's business today would warrant, because there is a prediction of growth.

Let's say the share price is based on the guess "Apple will grow 25% for the next four years and then stop growing". So Apple is expected to grow for four years. For shareholders, the question is: What will people predict four years from now? If in 2015 every analyst says "we were absolutely right, Apple grew 25% for four years, and now we expect them to stand still" then the share price will be unchanged from today's. If they predict "Apple will grow one more year and then stand still" then the share price would grow by these 25%. If they have the same prediction "Apple will grow another four years" that they have today, then the share price would go up quite wildly.

Comment

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Labor is only one part of a products actual cost and actually not the most important one.

The "Made in USA" argument has been discussed in depth, so what is your point?

You want to pay more for your products?

The world is now and has been for a while no matter where located a global economy and every company produces where it gets the best bang for the buck.
Bang is not only money, it's knowledge and education etc.. (Sorry to say, in education USA is slipping further and further, as all the budgets get cut)

The consumer with their lip service of : I would pay more if it was made here" are full of it.

They are voting daily with their wallets at dollar stores and the Walmarts of this world, buying "cheap labor" products.

Bogus argument!

They'd never do it, every other country outside the US would be annoyed, a huge rise in cost, just because to us, it's now being made in a different foreign country. We get shafted for the price of Apple Products right now anyway.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.