Apple to blame for the ATT problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisGonzales90, Jun 4, 2010.

?

Is Apple to blame for ATT problems?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Depends (explain)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Both are to blame

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

could it really have been Apple's fault for creating such a huge popular product to run on ATT's unprepared network? I mean the iphone became so damn popluar and having it only on one network caused some problems.

May be if apple opened it up to other cairers back in 2007 ATT wouldnt have had that much of a problem as it would have been evened out accross the top 4.

2. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Hind sight is 20/20 with this question. Although I agree that Apple should have (IMO) allowed multiple carriers with the iPhone, AT&T should have spent a "few" more dollars on their network.

I firmly believe that any carrier would have been consumed by the iDemand...yes even the big "V"

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Part of it is how the iPhone disconnects from the network when it sleeps (IIRC). One of the European carriers discovered this...but can't find the story.

The other part was AT&T's failure to get the backhaul prepared for large data volumes.

4. ChrisGonzales90 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

can anyone recall huge ATT troubles BEFORE the iphone (before it became the "new" ATT and before the merger of cingluar)

5. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Other than billing and customer service...no.

6. gregslc66 macrumors newbie

TDMA Network

Back in the day before the Cingular merger, AT&T's TDMA network was second to none. I could get crystal-clear signals anywhere -- even better than my best friend on Verizon. The GSM transition & Cingular were the downfall of AT&T's supreme quality.....in my opinion of course.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

You said TDMA and clear in the same sentence. Now I know you lie. :p

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454