Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2000
Monrovia, CA
John ,

We see you have purchased a MacBook Pro, an iPad, an iPhone and a Mac Pro in the past 92 months .

We recommend, For You, Beats Headphones (Navy) with platinum connector .

<Click To Buy>

Reactions: 5105973 and MH01

iPhone7PricePakistan

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2016
Karachi, Pakistan
I am not an Apple user yet! But still I am a big fan of Apple store and I consider Apple store as one of the best apps stores online that carry professional apps which are reliable and there's little to no chance that apple store app have done anything wrong with any Apple iPhone user - yet!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am not an Apple user yet! But still I am a big fan of Apple store and I consider Apple store as one of the best apps stores online that carry professional apps which are reliable and there's little to no chance that apple store app have done anything wrong with any Apple iPhone user - yet!
This isn't about the App Store.

Reactions: SeattleMoose

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Actually, by the end of this Christmas season, Apple will have probably sold over 70 million iPhone 7 models.

If Apple sells that many, they will sell at least 100 million iPhone 8 units next year. :eek:
Exactly. Somehow people have already decided that it's rubbish.

The only features we'll see are:

1. Dual-camera setup
  2. Removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack
  3. Removal of antenna bands that run directly across the device (the top and bottom ones will remain)
  4. 3D Touch Home button
  5. Waterproof/water-resistant (iOS 10 beta 3 added a warning when the connector detects liquid)
  6. Dual speakers
  7. New storage options up to 256GB
  8. True Tone display and possibly a Wide Colour display too
  9. New colour (possibly space black to match the Apple Watch)
  10. New Gorilla Glass 5
  11. May ship with Lightning connected EarPods
  12. Smart Connector
  13. Wireless charging (possible but most likely to come next year with the iPhone 8)
And the A10 chip is as powerful as the A9X chip but the iPhone's are a lot smaller so imagine the power we'll get out of it.

None of that will matter to a large number of current iPhone 6 owners who want to be seen with a redesigned iPhone , not a iPhone that will prompt a large number of people to say "that looks like my iPhone 6/6s." I know it's superficial, but that's what it is. Now, people who let it be known that they preferred the refinement of the S-models would list every new feature/improvement/correction to make the argument that the S-model was better, despite the one-year-old design. I've also preferred the S-models for the improvements and have only owned those models (4S, 5s, 6s). So basically what we have here is an S-model update, more or less. Every time someone feels compelled to list every damn feature, even the omission of the jack, some will say you're already losing the argument with the superficial among us.

Last edited:

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Oh boy yes.

What is it with iTunes Store? Here in the UK, it is so, so slow. Amazon, by contrast is zippy and smooth in a very Apple-like way. Been like this for years.

I can't take credit for this tip but it's helped me.

When in the iTunes or App Store tap one of the icons (i.e. Music) ten times.

It'll clear the cache and does speed it up somewhat.

I'm sure some people will find the personalised suggestions useful but it's not something that interests me.

dav1dd

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2013
Oz
I would like to think that the average person thinks long and hard before purchasing an Apple product - something they research well and thoroughly look forward to. To have the actual experience of purchasing said product then reduced to selecting the item in an App just seems tacky to me. It reeks of mass, mindless consumerism. Kind of like Pokemon Go.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
**** I bought an Apple Watch, that means constant watch bands recommendations ......aaaarrerrffffggghhh!! Worst purchase ever!
[doublepost=1469790185][/doublepost]For you: 2013 Mac Pro .....
[doublepost=1469790371][/doublepost]
For Me:

new Macbook Pro 13" retina
27" retina display
4" retina/oled iPhone with new design
Apple Watch 2

Thank You :apple:

...very much!

In 2019......

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
great, then

i take a lighter MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch with USB-C AND HDMI
a bazel-less iPhone 7 with oled, if it is not in stock i also take a Samsung Galaxy Note 7

thanks!

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Exactly. Somehow people have already decided that it's rubbish.

The only features we'll see are:

1. Dual-camera setup
  2. Removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack
  3. Removal of antenna bands that run directly across the device (the top and bottom ones will remain)
  4. 3D Touch Home button
  5. Waterproof/water-resistant (iOS 10 beta 3 added a warning when the connector detects liquid)
  6. Dual speakers
  7. New storage options up to 256GB
  8. True Tone display and possibly a Wide Colour display too
  9. New colour (possibly space black to match the Apple Watch)
  10. New Gorilla Glass 5
  11. May ship with Lightning connected EarPods
  12. Smart Connector
  13. Wireless charging (possible but most likely to come next year with the iPhone 8)
And the A10 chip is as powerful as the A9X chip but the iPhone's are a lot smaller so imagine the power we'll get out of it.

You left out longer battery life due to slightly larger battery and slightly more efficient A10 chip. Also left out 32 gb starting storage, making it functionally cheaper for folks who can't live with 16gb, but can with 32gb (which I believe is a good chunk of people). And I think it will be $50 cheaper overall. The SE pricing is an indicator of that to me.
[doublepost=1469794078][/doublepost]
The Apple Store app (as opposed to the App Store app).

Do you think this is coming for the App Store? It would be much more useful in a store of 2 million apps than in a store with five major product lines, two or three of which many customers already own one of.

Reactions: 5105973

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Sorry to post yet another grumpy opinion to anyone fed up with them, but I'm already getting sick of the phrase 'For You'. It's not a big deal, but it's just not for me.

I don't really like online suggestions based on prior anything... purchases, searches... I prefer to see a default, (curated by humans is fine), with some options for customisation where appropriate. But I find algorithm-based suggestions annoyingly shallow on an annoyingly frequent basis. No Apple/Amazon/Google, I don't want to buy every album ever recorded by that one artist because I bought one song by them once. Or maybe I already own it all on a different format from a different store? You don't know me and my every action (and I don't want you to) so you base your suggestions on incomplete, insufficient data, which I no have inclination or desire to add to or complete For You!
I partially agree and disagree.

Sometimes recommendations are amazing.
YouTube for example. I'll openly admit that I always log into YouTube when I'm on a new device or similar.
The recommendations on YT are sometimes really awful, but other times amazing and since they take up little space imho (at least on a big screen like my iMac) the occasional good suggestion is quite great.

HOWEVER. These suggestions work, because there is a) lots of data to match my taste to (yes yes... however, I willingly partake. I'm still against FORCED data collection like various governments are dreaming about) and b) there is a LOT to suggest!

What is Apple going to do? Recommend me to look at a random pair of headphones or the entire headphones category because I listen to music on my iPhone?
Or is it going to suggest me to buy an AirPort router, because apparently I'm an internet user?
Here's the keyboard you MAY want to buy, because you have a Mac? (obviously using it without a keyboard)

I don't get it.

Or suggest me to browse the accessory section, because someone sent me a link to one the other day?

I really doubt there's a lot you can do with the Apple Store in this regard, but whatever.

Glassed Silver:mac

Last edited:

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK
Sorry to post yet another grumpy opinion to anyone fed up with them, but I'm already getting sick of the phrase 'For You'. It's not a big deal, but it's just not for me.

I don't really like online suggestions based on prior anything... purchases, searches... I prefer to see a default, (curated by humans is fine), with some options for customisation where appropriate. But I find algorithm-based suggestions annoyingly shallow on an annoyingly frequent basis. No Apple/Amazon/Google, I don't want to buy every album ever recorded by that one artist because I bought one song by them once. Or maybe I already own it all on a different format from a different store? You don't know me and my every action (and I don't want you to) so you base your suggestions on incomplete, insufficient data, which I no have inclination or desire to add to or complete For You!
It is everywhere! Amazon is dreadful but then so are others. Netflix recently asked me what TV I like so I told it. It then, wonder of wonders, proceeded to suggest all of the programs I just said that I liked. Amazeballs.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
This news stinks. One of the few remaining positives about Apple IMO was their reticence to shove ads in people's faces at every turn.

The problem is it's actually the opposite. Apple is now just like any other company in many respects. Focus is on pushing sales first, actual innovation and customer experience come second and third (at best). The difference from many other companies is that Apple has millions upon millions of customers who will still buy their outdated or underperforming stuff because they think it's still cool, they're stuck in the ecosystem, they don't know better stuff is out there, they have money to burn, and/or they're still holding out hope that Apple will one day put something above sales, or at least at the same level as sales, again.
And don't forget that they are playing a dangerous game.

The more they concentrate on fashionability and being a trend brand, the more they open themselves up to becoming "uncool".

Many people don't even care if they lose half the **** on their phones when they switch brands, as long as they can back up their photos and videos most people are fine.
Many don't even give a damn about old texts OR they just use WhatsApp and whatever else there is.

And the surge of cross-platform apps is really helping people roam more freely between platforms.
Apple knows this and their answer is to limit your ease of transition whilst Google lets you go in and out as you like. (to some extend, meaning: Hangouts works on iOS and Android, iMessage doesn't. Sucks for every iOS user who would keep buying iOS devices and wants to chat with more people for free)

Now granted, cross-platform has never been Steve Job's cake either, but at least the products under his watch were great enough that you didn't care a lot.
Although, I will forever think that FaceTime and iMessage must be cross-plat to be a truly great experience for iOS users.
Unless of course you curate friends by their choice of ecosystem. *rolleyes*

Glassed Silver:mac

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
Well said.

I'm so tired of For You recommendations. They're so stupid. If I've just bought some lightbulbs from Amazon, I don't need or want to be told of some other lightbulbs that I might be interested in. I've just bought them, idiots! Music is one area where it can work well, but it doesn't extrapolate well to hardware.

I'm sure people in 100 years will look back on our age as being particularly blinkered when it comes to recommendations and advertising.

Even with music it's not always accurate. My father in law lived with us until he died a couple of years ago, and I used to order 1940's swing music (cd's) for him. I still get Amazon "you might likes" from this. And with streaming music, I like "group A" and I like or favorite their songs frequently. So the service decides if I like group A I MUST like groups B, C and D, and no amount of downvotes seem to persuade them otherwise.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009

You could not be more right.

While I accept that whatever I get for free having ads, I detest the recommendations or upsell on anything.

Whether it be ATT trying to sell me a case and a car charger when I get a new iPhone or Apple, Amazon, ebay showing items of interest for me. Spotify etc.

I don't even like when they show previous purchases.

All these companies can rest assure that whatever I want to buy or I am looking for is well researched. And, if I need an app solution, I will find that also. 100% success rate so far.

So, please APPLE stop annoying and bothering me. Our lives are so full of e-mails texts and whatever else we have to do , that it would be refreshing to just go to the app store and buy or upgrade.

A top 10 list is okay, but that should be it.

Reactions: SeattleMoose

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
I wonder what Apple will show me. My purchase history is several powerbooks/MBP's ending with the 2011, several mac minis ending with the 2012, and an iPhone 6s+ I pre-ordered for my wife.

I'd bet good money their top recommendations will be an iPad pro followed by an rMB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.