Apple to Introduce New Final Cut Pro on April 12th?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 5, 2011.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ProVideoCoalition claims to have heard rumors that Apple is planning to use the Final Cut Pro User Group SuperMeet to announce the next version of Final Cut Pro.
    The post goes on to talk about other sponsors including Avid that have had their sponsorship canceled for the event.

Apple has been known to be prepping a new version of Final Cut Pro and according to early reports the changes were described as "dramatic and ambitious". While the SuperMeet seems a strange venue for Apple to announce a new product, Apple has been taking a somewhat unusual approach to promoting and previewing this product. Earlier this year, Apple invited individuals including Final Cut Pro author Larry Jordon to a hands on. Jordan describes what he can of the preview meeting:
    The 2011 NAB also kicks off starting on April 9th and runs until April 14th.

Article Link: Apple to Introduce New Final Cut Pro on April 12th?

2. CplBadboy macrumors 6502

Hopefully there will be new iMacs to go with it. Refresh please!

3. portishead macrumors 65816

I can't wait. Exciting times for FCP editors!

4. azentropy macrumors 68020

azentropy

and Mac Pros!
    and entry level MacBook!
    and Mac minis!
    and ...

5. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

Would be grand if all this hype was for iMovie. :)

6. nep61 macrumors 6502

And I was sooooo close to buying AVID MC 5.5... thank goodness for an extended wait for my Tax refund... Now I'll sit tight to see if this RUMOR is actually true..... :apple:

7. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

8. MetalMoon macrumors member

9. archer75 macrumors 68020

I'm hoping for new imacs too. And mini's. I just got a promotion at work and approval from the wife to pretty much buy whatever mac I want. Except for the high end mac pro.

10. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Genuinely looking forwards to getting my grubby mitts on this one...

11. Man9z0r macrumors regular

Man9z0r

I hope this to be true. I have been wanting to get this software!

New to video and have heard a lot of good things. :eek:

12. Oh-es-Ten macrumors regular

Oh-es-Ten

So many things that FCP / FCS can improve upon here - they need the equivalent of Adobe's Mercury Engine, leveraging Grand Central, QTX, and a full Cocoa build for all the FCS apps...

At present we have to re-encode a lot of our footage (7D / Minicam etc), and you don't need to do that in Premiere, it just plays on the timeline - however editing in that is quite frankly an exercise in sheer frustration and strange bugs.

Come on, please be true! The days of pressing CMD+R I would love to see over! Especially when you are rendering an audio effect that actual renders in a microsecond, yet won't play realtime... Sigh.

13. mjsanders5uk macrumors regular

Not again..

NAB is for broadcast professionals - its doubtful there will be computer releases here.

14. archer75 macrumors 68020

They don't have to announce the new hardware there. It's very unlikely they would have an event to announce the hardware upgrade. But there's no reason a refresh can't take place that day.

There are many reports of supplies of imacs and minis drying up as of a week ago so a refresh is certainly imminent.

15. ShiftClick macrumors regular

ShiftClick

Problem is, its still Final Cut and will still suck at managing media.

16. notabadname macrumors 65816

notabadname

This is so needed. Hope it is a dramatic improvement.

17. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I have a friend who is attending NAB next week was was told by a friend who has a booth there that Apple has arranged for lots of training sessions, more training sessions then they have usually have had in the past.

Considering Final Cut Studio is a bit outdated I would presume we will see an announcement next week.

18. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

I'm not trolling, this is an honest question. But isn't a Final Cut pretty much worthless for commercial use without a way to put the results on Blu-Ray?

19. jeanlain macrumors 65816

Strange, I thought that Apple had decided to ignore such meetings, and that they would showcase new products only during their own events.

20. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Nobody's using Blu-Ray, in my experience. It's just another way of sucking money out of home consumers. Everything's done online in terms of delivery...

21. jeanlain macrumors 65816

Final Cut does a bit more than disc authoring.

22. Jamieserg macrumors member

I want to see this is a feature i want to see in final cut studio just because I use blu rays to showcase my short films at my uni's film theatre. But it's not a deal breaker Final Cut Studio isn't just about that as long as FCP is strong i can use third party software

23. wonderspark macrumors 68040

wonderspark

Personally, I love CS5, even on the Mac Pro with 5870/GTX285. Hopefully this won't jinx myself, but I've had no bugs or frustrations, and I edit full HD movies with it.

I'm looking forward to this version of FCS, because I've only played around in it with others' systems, and it didn't blow my skirt up. It will be nice to have both suites, if the new FCS proves worthy. I know a lot of FCS users, and I look forward to joining them, so get this thing right, Apple.

24. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

25. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Final Cut Pro supports Blu Ray authoring but it does the bare minimum only. A DVD Studio Pro like program would be nice.