Apple to Live Stream September 10 Event on YouTube

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For the first time, Apple will live stream its Tuesday, September 10 event on YouTube, Apple announced today using a placeholder video uploaded to the site.

Apple is allowing YouTube users to set a reminder to get a notification when the event begins. It is set to kick off at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on September 10.

Cupertino calling. Join us for an Apple special event live from the Steve Jobs Theater on September 10 at 10 a.m. PDT. Set a reminder and we'll send an update before the show.
Apple usually uploads its events to YouTube a few days after they happen, but has not used YouTube to live stream an event before. Making the live stream available on YouTube will provide access to the event on consoles, computers, smartphones, and other devices.

The event will also be live streamed through the Events app on the Apple TV and it will be available on Apple's Events website.

Apple is expected to unveil new iPhones, new Apple Watch models, and perhaps other hardware, with a full rundown of what's coming available in our What to Expect article.

For those who are unable to watch the live stream on the Apple TV, Apple's website, or on YouTube, MacRumors will be providing live coverage here on MacRumors.com and on our MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: Apple to Live Stream September 10 Event on YouTube

now i see it

macrumors 601
Jan 2, 2002
this is unprecedented. Someone else is now calling the shots (thank goodness).
They used to make it so exclusive who could watch these boring presentations. A certain Mac with a certain operating system with the latest version of QuickTime blah, blah, blah. Or an iOS device running only the latest version of their software blah, blah, blah..
Now the entire world can tune in via YouTube and be bored to tears with the rest of us

macrumors Demi-God
Oct 2, 2016
this is unprecedented. Someone else is now calling the shots (thank goodness).
They used to make it so exclusive who could watch these boring presentations. A certain Mac with a certain operating system with the latest version of QuickTime blah, blah, blah. Or an iOS device running only the latest version of their software blah, blah, blah..
Now the entire world can tune in via YouTube and be bored to tears with the rest of us
And with this you can see a company getting boring over the years and having to catch users attention by making their events public on a competitors platform they despise so much. Lol.

Reactions: soanis and quaresma

frisnit

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
Scotland
Hope they stream it in 4K so us Apple TV 4K owners can watch it in glorious HD Absolutely pathetic, love seeing the 4K icon, knowing that it can be played that way if I switch to my Sony tv with a crap processor and android! Wish apple would grow up

ksec

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I wonder if it will be as fast as the official website. There is always delays in different channels, on my Apple TV, the stream was always 1-2 min late then on Safari. And Safari was always 1 min delay if we trust Twitter as being instantaneous.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
Boo!!! Don’t do anything to help Google. They are not to be trusted! Both the company as a whole and the people leading individually.

chocolatesox

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Milton Keynes , UK
I don’t know why but my first thought was “ooh this is unusual, must have something important/special to show off”

... probably be just being hopeful.

I miss not having a clue about what’s going to be announced before all these leaks. But i don’t have the self control not to look lol ><

Reactions: thefourthpope

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Glendale, Ca.
Hope they stream it in 4K so us Apple TV 4K owners can watch it in glorious HD Absolutely pathetic, love seeing the 4K icon, knowing that it can be played that way if I switch to my Sony tv with a crap processor and android! Wish apple would grow up
Now wouldn’t it be the nice surprise if Apple finally swallowed some idiotic pride and added that support? Just in time for the keynote.

MareLuce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2010
Now wouldn’t it be the nice surprise if Apple finally swallowed some idiotic pride and added that support? Just in time for the keynote.
What is the backstory
re: the "swallow the pride" part that Apple would need to do related to 4K?

Is it because they've focused on Retina, not 4K?
Or because 4K is not their branding?

mi7chy

macrumors 603
Oct 24, 2014
That would be a nice surprise if Apple announces VP9 codec support for YouTube and Stadia 4K/8K. Only two more days.

recoil80

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2014
Well I guess they'll talk about services again so the bigger the audience the better. Maybe we'll see some more trailers, and games to promote Arcade as well. I'm not really excited about the iPhone to be honest, my Xs so I'll likely wait next year for a bigger upgrade.
Going to watch the keynote anyway, I love them except for the boring demo segments

digthewell

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2018
Cool. This just makes it more accessible and well publicised (if it already wasn't).

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
I've been getting an ad for it on YouTube lately and it's the first time I've seen Apple advertise an event.