Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will offer its next Apple Watch Activity Challenge on Friday, November 11, to honor the upcoming Veterans Day holiday in the United States.

veterans-day-2022-activity-badge.jpg

Apple Watch owners can earn the Veterans Day award by doing any workout for 11 minutes or more on November 11.
Earn this special award on November 11 by doing any workout for 11 minutes or more. Record your time with the Workout app or any app that adds workouts to Health.
Like all Activity Challenges, the 2022 Veterans Day challenge will be accompanied by an award that can be viewed in the Fitness app and a series of animated stickers that can be used in the Messages app.

veterans_day_2022_3.png

veterans_day_2022_2.png

veterans_day_2022_1.png

Apple provides a Veterans Day Activity Challenge annually, and the challenge is often accompanied by other Veterans Day-themed content in the App Store, Apple TV app, Books app, and more.

Article Link: Apple to Offer Veterans Day Apple Watch Activity Challenge

Last edited:

ocnitsa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Umm...cute? Why not offer veterans a discount on products instead or in addition.
Apple gives a 10 percent discount to veterans and immediate family members that live within the same home with them.

Sayewhat

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
Apple gives a 10 percent discount to veterans and immediate family members that live within the same home with them.

I wish Apple would figure out how to do the discount in a store instead of just online. I've shopped online using the discount, bought a product, then walked back into the store to pick it up. Pretty ridiculous, but it works.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
I wish Apple would figure out how to do the discount in a store instead of just online. I've shopped online using the discount, bought a product, then walked back into the store to pick it up. Pretty ridiculous, but it works.
I believe that's only for shopping online. I think you can also just bring your military ID to a store for the discount similar to edu discounts if you just want to make a purchase in-store.

Last edited:
Reactions: ronntaylor

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I think Apple used to give Veterans a discount for instore purchases.

But maybe this has a lot more to do with verifying veterans' status, as other stores have gotten more strict about their discounts.

Both Lowe's and Home Depot used to give a discount with a VA ID, but now both has to be verified online first, and they no longer honor the discount with just an ID.

I think there were a lot of people claiming Vet status that should not have been.

Reactions: ronntaylor

BF1M

Suspended
Nov 17, 2018
I believe that's only for shopping online. I believe you can also just bring your military ID to a store for the discount similar to edu discounts if you just want to make a purchase in-store.

Eh, it's hit or miss. I have had success in some Apple stores and turned away in others. It probably has more to do with the employee vs location though.

Reactions: szw-mapple fan

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Maybe I'm just feeling cynical today, but something about this feels, to me, like it really cheapens the significance of this day.

kuwxman

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2009
Maybe I'm just feeling cynical today, but something about this feels, to me, like it really cheapens the significance of this day.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. However, if someone is actively trying to get this badge then you would at least expect them to take a moment to realize WHY the badge is being offered on that specific day.

One could argue that Memorial Day is cheapened waaaaay more on a yearly basis as the unofficial start to summer celebration vs a silly badge earned through exercise.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Sometimes, when the product is on sale at the Exchange, it is actually cheaper than the 10% Apple give us depending on your state's sales tax rate.

Sayewhat

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
I believe that's only for shopping online. I believe you can also just bring your military ID to a store for the discount similar to edu discounts if you just want to make a purchase in-store.
It's odd. They can't do the military discount in the store, only the education. 🤷‍♂️ I have both now. LOL

Reactions: szw-mapple fan

Sayewhat

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
Sometimes, when the product is on sale at the Exchange, it is actually cheaper than the 10% Apple give us depending on your state's sales tax rate.
Yes indeed. The fun part is taking the price of the military discount into the exchange and having them price match. Discount plus tax free. I've bought several MacBook Pros that way until my local exchange caught on. Now it depends on the manager.

Sayewhat

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
I think Apple used to give Veterans a discount for instore purchases.

But maybe this has a lot more to do with verifying veterans' status, as other stores have gotten more strict about their discounts.

Both Lowe's and Home Depot used to give a discount with a VA ID, but now both has to be verified online first, and they no longer honor the discount with just an ID.

I think there were a lot of people claiming Vet status that should not have been.
True. That is what they told me... they can't verify veteran status. However, I have a retired ID card and my VA ID. They still wouldn't do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.