Apple to Release Third Beta of iOS 4.3 Today?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

BGR claims that it has learned that Apple will be seeding a third beta version of iOS 4.3 to developers sometime today. The new beta, said to be build 8F5166b, would come nearly two weeks after the previous seed.
One of our Apple sources has just let us know that the company's iOS 4.3 rampage isn't slowing down. We have been told there will be yet another beta build posted for developers, wearing the build number 8F5166b, at some point today.
The interval between the first and second betas of iOS 4.3 was only one week, with Apple surprising some observers by failing to seed another build last week. Apple's seeding intervals are not always consistent, however, and the reasons for the longer interval this time around are unknown.

Article Link: Apple to Release Third Beta of iOS 4.3 Today?

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Ugh I'm just waiting for the GM candidate...looks like that's coming the 9th perhaps?

iamevilbear

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
It's pretty obvious the build was delayed because there were serious issues with user data loss and folders expanding and disappearing. It's a widespread issue lighting up the dev forums.

bear

j-a-x

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I tried the beta, and I liked the gesture features but that's not even going to be a part of the final release so it isn't really that exciting to me. Still, a new iOS update is always a good thing.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I want the hotspot!!!

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
Ugh I'm just waiting for the GM candidate...looks like that's coming the 9th perhaps?
Maybe. Usually they release the first few betas weekly, one or two a couple of weeks apart and the then GM. I am guessing 4.3 within 3 weeks.

edgarf28

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2008
I think the 3rd beta will be released tomorrow...
beta 2 was released wednesday 19 january...

mox-

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2010
It's pretty obvious the build was delayed because there were serious issues with user data loss and folders expanding and disappearing. It's a widespread issue lighting up the dev forums.

bear
I never had those problems..

Ok, there were some small issues with Beta 1 but Beta 2 fixed all what I have seen.

Hotspot is great, I can't wait to see how my service provider will handle that service..

iPhoneCollector

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2010
Home
isn't it a bit stupid to post "first"? it will be interesting to see if apple has add those multitouch gestures. and will they be in the public release?

mikejd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
can anyone confirm if the 4.3 betas fixed the photo sort issue where it's not listening to iphoto's sort order beginning 4.2.1?

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
I have intermittent wi-fi hangups (usually cured by switching airplane mode on and off), and the clock goes wrong from time to time. If this addresses these issues I will be very happy.

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I never had those problems..

Ok, there were some small issues with Beta 1 but Beta 2 fixed all what I have seen.

Hotspot is great, I can't wait to see how my service provider will handle that service..
With O2, it's handled the same as tethering: If you have tethering enabled on your account, the hotspot is available. If you don't, it isn't

Incidentally, I noticed that the beta enables bluetooth tethering for the iPad (i.e. you can tether your iPad to a bluetooth phone)

thegman1234

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Long Island
Twenty-first!!

I know it was said that the gestures won't make it into the GM but I'm kind of hoping that that's misinformation. Those gestures would be a nice feature.

Shadow%20Mac

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
California

bear
The folder disappearing issue only happens when a user attempts to update an app and then cancels the update.

It's really annoying. I hope b3 fixes it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.