Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that its next quarterly earnings conference call will be held on Thursday, May 2 at 2 p.m. Pacific Time.

Apple-Vision-Pro-with-battery-Feature-Blue-Magenta.jpg

On the call, which will be streamed live on Apple's investor website, Apple's CEO Tim Cook and CFO Luca Maestri will discuss the company's earnings results for the second quarter of the 2024 fiscal year. During the quarter, which ran from December 31, 2023 through March 30, 2024, Apple launched the Vision Pro headset in the U.S., and it updated the 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Air models with its latest M3 chip.

Apple has not provided formal guidance since early 2020, but analysts expect the company to report quarterly revenue of $90.6 billion on average, according to Yahoo Finance. Apple reported $94.8 billion revenue in the year-ago quarter.

AAPL closed at $168.82 today, down from a 52-week high of $199.62.

Article Link: Apple to Report Earnings on May 2 Following Vision Pro Launch

Last edited:

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Apple has not provided formal guidance since early 2020, but analysts expect the company to report quarterly revenue of $90.6 billion on average, according to Yahoo Finance. Apple reported $94.8B revenue in the year-ago quarter.
This would put Apple back on the path of reporting year-over-year revenue decline. Sigh!

Reactions: Born Again

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Again some of you guys attacked me but i called it. The Vision Pro is a failure of mass proportions.

Yes it's technologically amazing but at the price and lack of vision - see what i did there - makes for poor sales and many of us to continue to be skeptical of ever purchasing said product.

My prediction? In 5 years there will not be a Vision Pro. Apple will have diverted their AVP teams to AI products.

Mrkevinfinnerty

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2022
It will be streamed in spatial audio. There will be a big space when Tim is asked about Vision Pro sales numbers.

• Angry
Reactions: waltman

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Again some of you guys attacked me but i called it. The Vision Pro is a failure of mass proportions.

Yes it's technologically amazing but at the price and lack of vision - see what i did there - makes for poor sales and many of us to continue to be skeptical of ever purchasing said product.

My prediction? In 5 years there will not be a Vision Pro. Apple will have diverted their AVP teams to AI products.
The Vision Pro has been on sale for 2 months. It's way too early to call the Vision Pro a success or a failure when Apple hasn't even told us what sales have been like. You need to give it at least a year, preferably at least 2 years so we can have year-over-year sales comparisons.

spaxxedout

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2018

Headsets have historically been flops, but we’re at the point where fidelity is getting close to traditional interfaces. Will be interesting to see how crossing that threshold will affect demand.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Maybe vp unit revenue can be derived from subtracting expected watch sales from wearables category.
The category is “Wearables, Home and Accessories”. But with all the “spatial computer” talk, one would expect Apple to not mix it in with that.

DelayedGratificationGene

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2020
If AVP is failure then why do Vision Pro social media groups keep rapidly adding
thousands of Members weekly? Why if you search Apple Vision Pro do you get 30 AVP headline articles and growing every day? Why are hospitals and ORs ramping up Vision Pro testing and actual usage along with game changing praise for its future healthcare potential? All this interest and it’s still only available through US Apple Stores. Wait until it goes global and starts using resellers.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
The Vision Pro has been on sale for 2 months. It's way too early to call the Vision Pro a success or a failure when Apple hasn't even told us what sales have been like. You need to give it at least a year, preferably at least 2 years so we can have year-over-year sales comparisons.
sounds good.

In the two months it's been out we have seen screens when you poop, screens on the ceiling, screens everywhere..

and ugly 2ndary straps on top of heads lol

Reactions: AAPLGeek

spaxxedout

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2018
The category is “Wearables, Home and Accessories”. But with all the “spatial computer” talk, one would expect Apple to not mix it in with that.

I thought Tim said they would on the last call. We’ll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.