Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
In other news, there's no news today.

Here's a MacRumors editor busy scraping the bottom of the barrel. ;)

bottom2Bof2Bbarrel.jpg

rkuntze

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
Monterey, CA
I think this a scam

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

MacRumors has learned that Apple has bought out two performances of Cirque du Soleil's traveling show Totem, currently playing in San Jose, California. According to our source, Apple purchased the entire block of 2,500 tickets for each of two shows yesterday and today for employees and their guests, with Apple also picking up the tab for food and drink.

Scanning Twitter and other social networks, we see that a number of people associated with Apple did mention being at Cirque du Soleil yesterday, supporting our source's claim of an Apple-sponsored event.

It is unclear what the reason for the event was, whether it was a simple perk offered to company employees or if there was a specific product milestone or other reason associated with the occasion.

Article Link: Apple Treats Employees to Performances of Cirque du Soleil's 'Totem'

I attended the 8PM show yesterday 4/12/2012 and I am not an employee of Apple. Judging from the audience they were not Apple employees either. I bought my tickets on line. I also believe there was also a 5PM show. This supposed ticket is for 4PM. If it were a special show for Apple that would also be unlikely as the show lasts 3 hours. So they could not have put on a show for Apple at 4PM and another show for the public at 5PM. I think you have been scammed.:eek:

Last edited:

sonicboom

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
Steve would have never done this.

No Wait, is it snappier?

No wait, but adobe flash is not appropriate for mobile devices.

No wait, I don't give a rats a$$

C. Alan

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
Dont work for the Governement if you want to have fun at work. GSA spoiled it for a lot of us this year.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
I work for a very large medical company. Years ago, we would have golf, etc at our meetings. Now we are lucky to get our lunch tab picked up at meetings.

Times have changed and I guess it is great to work for Apple. Sigh.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Cirque du Soleil is really overrated and actually kinda gross and boring when you think about how many other amazing shows there are out there.

I'm with you, but only because I live in the same province as the Cirque origins.

Although they are very talented and amazing at what they do, I have been over-saturated with Le Cirque, much like Céline Dion for close to 30 years.

Yes, Céline Dion started in French here in the early 80s... **shudders**

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
A handful of times over the last year I've heard tales of stores or groups of stores here in LA skipping the usual quarterly rah-rah meeting and taking the gang out for something fun. Buying out a roller rink for a night, buying out the Santa Monica Pier amusement park, buying the store staff tickets into DisneyLand. With food, parking etc as needed. Sometimes more than once in the year. And the stories go back for a couple of years so this might not be a Tim Cook thing like some are implying

This sounds like the Cupertino version of the same thing. Probably the only one they have done and will do this year so they went big.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
And what about employees not in California?

Typical corporate perk that forgets those in the field.

canman4PM

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
Kelowna BC
I attended the 8PM show yesterday 4/12/2012 and I am not an employee of Apple. Judging from the audience they were not Apple employees either. I bought my tickets on line. I also believe there was also a 5PM show. This supposed ticket is for 4PM. If it were a special show for Apple that would also be unlikely as the show lasts 3 hours. So they could not have put on a show for Apple at 4PM and another show for the public at 5PM. I think you have been scammed.:eek:

Is it possible, since they bought out whole shows, that they also got the times changed...?

And maybe had custom tix printed...?

:rolleyes:

Not that any of us care or anything...

Last edited:

idannymac

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012

There were two shows for that day, 4 and 8. The only shows that exist at 5PM are on Sunday. This is can be seen on their site on their Saturday show, 4 and 8:

https://tickets.cirquedusoleil.com/...TSJO&language=en&lfMix=CDSGP&promoCode=public

This is not a scam, macrumors even said twitter accounts of apple employees confirm this.

mikefla

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
This is why I look forward to working for Apple one day. In the mean time I have to deal with Microsoft's crap.

-Mike

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
This is why I look forward to working for Apple one day. In the mean time I have to deal with Microsoft's crap.

-Mike

Is it true that MSFT employees are well known to run out the door at 5pm sharp? That's what a friend of mine said. It's an 8-5 crowd, period.

I'm sure AAPL employees work hard past hours. Guess that's why they are rewarded so (that and they are happy working there)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.