Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
Do you have a similar set up? Do you have a Samsung TV with port three being eARC? Do you have Apple TV 4K and at least one HomePod that you use for the TVs sound?

If that's the case are you successful in turning eARC to auto in the audio settings and the HomePod works and it doesn't revert to the TV speakers?

Also, do you have any other component that is capable of lossless audio and an eARC connection connected to one of the other HDMI ports on the TV?
Yes, I have have a very similar setup with 2 stereo OG HomePods.

And I do have another media device connected to HDMI port, it does not have lossless audio though.

The TV is a 2014 Samsung model and it never reverts back to the TV speakers. Everything works as expected.

The only issue I sometimes have is when I turn the ATV off (which turns the TV also off) the other media device turns on by itself.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
A 2014 Samsung wouldn't have eARC. So I believe your system is working with ARC. Is that the case? if so, mine is working well using ARC and not eARC. The issue is with eARC.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.