Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
OK, so now we know what they are but where do they go?

Mac Peripherals?
iPod forum?

Thought I'd throw this out there... :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
trying to be first eh?

Given the complexity and range of things the iPhone does, a subforum might be in order.

D

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
What if you changed iPod/iTunes into Digital lifestyle, as apple has it on their hardware page, and just plop the iPhone in there with iPod and Apple TV as a digital lifestyle device?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
trying to be first eh?

Try? There is no try. :p

You're right, though. It is complex, it crosses boundaries, and it may sell by the millions... so it just crossed my mind that sooner or later questions would be asked about here and it would be nice to have a comfy home all ready and waiting. :)

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Did you dance, Blue? :p

And you were going to happy if this thing didn't arrive! Shame on you.

:D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The first step will be to rename ourselves to Mac-and-iPod-and-phone-and-TV-and-other-stuff-rumors.com.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
The first step will be to rename ourselves to Mac-and-iPod-and-phone-and-TV-and-other-stuff-rumors.com.

So you can also corner the market on AppleComputerRumors.com as well? ;)

Of course, my first and only thought on hearing of this device was how it would impact on my beloved MacRumors Forums. ;)

Anyway, thought I might as well bring the subject up as it may fall into a number of categories and might just conceivably generate a lot of traffic and interest. Might...

And no EGT, I did not do a little dance... more a slightly pained look when nothing about Mac, Leopard, etc. was mentioned. :(

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Well, to be fair, MacRumors has been about Macs, as well as basically anything else that concerned Apple in any way (Intel chips and chipsets, etc.). So, I think a sub-forum for the iPhone would be good. It's a pretty complex device and will likely spur a lot of discussion, especially once it's actually released.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Er... how many threads about these two devices do you think we will see started over the next 6 weeks, let alone the next 6 months?
The past 3 days I've seen far to many then I can count, and none of them have any new information then the last one.

We could make a special forum for the iPhone but people are still going to post everywhere, I would rename the iPod forum the iPod/iPhone forum.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
My vote, if anyone cares, are two new forums:

1) iPhone ( or communication devices)
2) AppleTV (or Apple in the living room)

Thank you. :)

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
My vote, if anyone cares, are two new forums:

1) iPhone ( or communication devices)
2) AppleTV (or Apple in the living room)

Thank you. :)

Well right now Apple has the AppleTV under their iPod+iTunes tab. So if you are going to create a place for it under the current alignment, it should be in the sub-forum iPod and iTunes Discussions.

With the iPhone not fitting into any established category it'll probably get its own little corner.

Though like Q said the MWSF 2007 Forums is a good place for both of them right now.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Well right now Apple has the AppleTV under their iPod+iTunes tab. So if you are going to create a place for it under the current alignment, it should be in the sub-forum iPod and iTunes Discussions.

With the iPhone not fitting into any established category it'll probably get its own little corner.

Though like Q said the MWSF 2007 Forums is a good place for both of them right now.
Well the iPhone really is a glorified iPod so why not the iPod forum.

The AppleTV works in the video category.

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Maybe I should make a new thread about this, but some sort of Home Theatre or A/V forum would be cool. There are tons of threads about Apple TV, HDTVs, HDMI, 1080, blu-ray, etc... that are strewn about in different forums. It would be nice to have one forum for this.

Just a thought.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
iPhone should have its own subforum on the level that Macs and iPods have.

It's getting very late... Sadly there will be scores of "why doesn't it have/do this" but that's life.

Time for a new forum... a few days ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.