Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
It's very easy: don't like it, don't watch it. And it's been made very clear by others already that Apple never said anything to imply they didn't have MA rated shows. And it's annoying to imply that people that do enjoy watching whatever show don't have any values. Might not be your twisted values, but they might be way better than that.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Thanks mods for moving this too the new forum. For Apple not doing mature shows that was just a bad rumor. I had a feeling that they were anyway. I think Disney+ had a lot to do with the decision saying they were not doing anything R and MA rated maybe then Apple said too make it's fan base happy they will be doing R and MA content and if you don't like then we do have some family shows like Ghostwriter.

However I think ATV+ is not worth it. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu have originals but they also have licenced content. ATV+ has no licenced content. They should have had some exclusive licenced content. A few shows is not worth $5 month.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Thanks mods for moving this too the new forum. For Apple not doing mature shows that was just a bad rumor. I had a feeling that they were anyway. I think Disney+ had a lot to do with the decision saying they were not doing anything R and MA rated maybe then Apple said too make it's fan base happy they will be doing R and MA content and if you don't like then we do have some family shows like Ghostwriter.

You having a feeling and  ever having had the notion to do so are two very different things.

However I think ATV+ is not worth it. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu have originals but they also have licenced content. ATV+ has no licenced content. They should have had some exclusive licenced content. A few shows is not worth $5 month.

 never said it’d have licensed content like Netflix/Amazon. But if all the shows had been PG would you have thought it was worth it then? Also, no one who doesn’t get it for free has to remain subscribed. When my year is up I have no plans to remain subscribed. I’ll subscribe once a year like I do Starz, Cinemax, and, EPIX. They would need far more shows for me to keep it all year.

Reactions: Jessemtz25

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017

How would you k ow? It’s quality not quantity and you’re not going to watch them anyway. I haven’t watched anything yet but realistically with the amount of free time I have I only need 1 quality season a month for it to be worth it.

Reactions: JBaby

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
My recent iPad my father won is not qualified for the year anyway only offering 7 day trail so it not worth it just for Ghostwriter and Snoopy in Space. I really wanted to See, see joke there but I refuse to watch offensive Mature content so for two shows.

Also I might try it later if I qualify for the free year if the new Apple TV comes out but if Amazing Stories is Mature they can forgot it I won't even buy a new Apple TV even it if comes out.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
My recent iPad my father won is not qualified for the year anyway only offering 7 day trail so it not worth it just for Ghostwriter and Snoopy in Space. I really wanted to See, see joke there but I refuse to watch offensive Mature content so for two shows.

Also I might try it later if I qualify for the free year if the new Apple TV comes out but if Amazing Stories is Mature they can forgot it I won't even buy a new Apple TV even it if comes out.

You won’t buy the new tv because a single service doesn’t appeal to you? That’s funny.

That’s like someone saying “I’m not gonna buy the new iPhone if Arcade doesn’t get MMOs because I don’t like other game genres.”

You’re definitely throwing the baby out with the bath water, Tony. But you do you!

Last edited:

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
You won’t buy the new tv because a single service doesn’t appeal to you? That’s funny.
Okay maybe I still buy a new Apple TV and activate ATV+ if qualified which I don't trust as my father's iPad did not qualitfy but once I finish those two shows the service will remain unwatchable and I still have to remember to cancel when the year is up.

However since this year promo is only good until December and Apple has not announced a new Apple TV at all I doubt I will be getting one an 7 day trail is pathetic I am not buying another current Gen which is underpowered for Apple Arcade.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
The part I guess I missed here is yes you get the App service for free (for a year) however it seems anything you want to watch cost money.
it seems like Netflix and Hulu and other services may charge a bit more but most of the content doesn’t require another purchase unless I am missing something here.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
The part I guess I missed here is yes you get the App service for free (for a year) however it seems anything you want to watch cost money.
it seems like Netflix and Hulu and other services may charge a bit more but most of the content doesn’t require another purchase unless I am missing something here.

None of the Apple TV plus content requires purchase (assuming you either subscribe or are getting the free year), however this content is currently limited to their original shows. This was never intended to be a service where you can watch anything in the iTunes Store.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Give the newbies 1 free year, because there isn’t enough to rightfully charge for right now and keep people. A lot of people will forget to cancel at the end of the year, and Apple is probably hoping by then, they will stay with new content added.

Apple has shown that throwing around large sums of money does not mean success.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017

you’re confusing the Apple TV app and Apple TV+

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
you’re confusing the Apple TV app and Apple TV+

To be fair... that is pretty confusing, especially since Apple TV+'s target market is not restricted to those of us who have been following this on MacRumors since it was a twinkle in Tim's eye. Now we have the Apple TV hardware, the Apple TV app, and the Apple TV+ service. Sounds like Apple need a new person-in-charge-of-thinking-up-snappy-but-distinctive-names-for-new-stuff.

It is not dissimilar to the way Amazon Prime blurs the distinction between Prime subscription-bundled content and extras (which show up on your bill as 'Amazon Prime')... which is not a shining example to follow.

Jessemtz25

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
Colorado
So much saying there content will be for everyone. The Roku ATV app even shows See Mature and even there morning talk show.

At least Disney+ promised no R or MA rated garbage so the Mandalorian won't be MA rated.

Some of us don’t want 100% cartoons, so this is a perfect balance. Get over yourself and go find something else to complain about.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
What’s wrong with someone not wanting to watch adult content? I have strong believes myself, although swearing and violence don’t really bother me as long as it isn’t for the sake of it, I stopped watching Game of Thrones because the nudity just didn’t add to the story or was needed, of course my opinion not fact. We are all different, thank God!

Reactions: tonyr6

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
What’s wrong with someone not wanting to watch adult content? I have strong believes myself, although swearing and violence don’t really bother me as long as it isn’t for the sake of it, I stopped watching Game of Thrones because the nudity just didn’t add to the story or was needed, of course my opinion not fact. We are all different, thank God!

There’s nothing wrong with it at all, if you don’t want to watch it that’s fine. But if you create a thread online expect some discussion around it. We are all different, praise to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
To be fair... that is pretty confusing, especially since Apple TV+'s target market is not restricted to those of us who have been following this on MacRumors since it was a twinkle in Tim's eye. Now we have the Apple TV hardware, the Apple TV app, and the Apple TV+ service. Sounds like Apple need a new person-in-charge-of-thinking-up-snappy-but-distinctive-names-for-new-stuff.

It is not dissimilar to the way Amazon Prime blurs the distinction between Prime subscription-bundled content and extras (which show up on your bill as 'Amazon Prime')... which is not a shining example to follow.

yeah what are the differences

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
There’s a scene in the first episode of See that the Op would lose his **** at. Let’s just say it involves the Lord’s Prayer or extracts of.

Now I have to watch that one.
[automerge]1572743076[/automerge]
Ok you could be right...what am I missing?

The TV app is, well, an app that helps you keep track of shows and movies you are watching all in one place; the TV+ streaming service is content that you access within the TV app as a Channel.

You can also subscribe to other Channels such as HBO, Curiosity Stream, Starz, etc. within the TV app as well as purchase iTunes Store movies and TV shows.

Last edited:

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
Now I have to watch that one.
[automerge]1572743076[/automerge]

The TV app is, well, an app that helps you keep track of shows and movies you are watching all in one place; the TV+ streaming service is content that you access within the TV app as a Channel.

You can also subscribe to other Channels such as HBO, Curiosity Stream, Starz, etc. within the TV app as well as purchase iTunes Store movies and TV shows.

i don’t see the point 4 me 2 much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.