• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple TV+ has announced that season two of its popular original series "See" starring Jason Momoa will premiere on August 27, with new episodes releasing every Friday. The streaming giant also announced that it has renewed the show for a third season, Variety reports.

see.jpg

"See" follows Jason Momoa, Alfre Woodard, and Dave Bautista through a post-apocalyptic drama where a virus has cleared out the world, and all the remaining men, women, and children have been made blind. Alongside other Apple TV+ originals such as "The Morning Show" and "Ted Lasso," the show has been one of the most popular for the streaming service.

Apple today also shared the official trailer for the upcoming season two of "See" which will premiere on August 27.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Renews 'See' For Third Season Ahead of Season Two Premiere on August 27

• Love
Reactions: SurferPup

contacos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I really enjoyed season 1. i Would like the story to finish at some point, rather than just fail to be renewed after an end of season cliff hanger. But at least we have season 3 to look forward to.
yeah these kind of universe building shows always seem to go on and on without actually answering any questions and then they get cancelled

Comment

orbital~debris

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Just got back into watching this (after watching the first episode way back near the start and subsequently finding a story depicting a post-virus situation a little difficult to watch in early 2020).

I was confident when I came back to it it would be a good watch and I’m intrigued to see where season 1 will go.

It’s great to see Apple giving their shows support and renewing for further seasons instead of just constantly pushing ‘new & shiny’ while dumping the previously-heralded shows as Netflix has a tendency for doing.

Comment

Jeaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
Like some others here, I never managed to finish season 1. I did enjoy the parts I viewed, but just never got round to finish it. And nice to see ;) that it gets renewed for a season 3.

Overall, the quality of the shows on Apple TV+ is quite high, but they need more content.

Reactions: Trhodezy
Comment

wigby

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
The article referred to Apple as "The streaming giant". While Apple has great streaming shows, it has not quite reached "giant" status.
Actually, it’s estimated that Netflix spent $20 billion in 2020 and Apple spent $17 billion so I think that makes them a steaming giant as far as spending goes. However Apple will soon be faced with some hard cuts. I like most of their shows but I couldn’t sit through See so I wish they would cut that instead of renewing for another 2 seasons.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1Peace and mazz0
Comment

wigby

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
The streaming giant 😂😂😂
This won’t age well. 2 years from now, Apple will be the streaming giant clearly in the lead. Since they got a late start and only do original content, they couldn’t lead right out of the gate. Kind of like the way they take a few years to lead in all their hardware efforts as well due to their tightly controlled ecosystem.

Comment

Reason077

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2007
Like some others here, I never managed to finish season 1. I did enjoy the parts I viewed, but just never got round to finish it.

I liked See. Great production values, and one of the most original and interesting concepts we've seen for a while.

But I do think the first season was kind of choppy. The plot lurched from place to place, characters were quickly killed off, the bad guys kept changing, etc. Felt as if it was the work of several different writers stitched together without much of an overall story arc to guide it.

I feel like Season 2 could go either way, but the fact that Apple have already renewed it for another season bodes well. Apple execs must like what they've seen.

Reactions: orbital~debris
Comment

contacos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
This won’t age well. 2 years from now, Apple will be the streaming giant clearly in the lead. Since they got a late start and only do original content, they couldn’t lead right out of the gate. Kind of like the way they take a few years to lead in all their hardware efforts as well due to their tightly controlled ecosystem.

Unless Apple manages to somehow get their hands on a huge franchise like the MCU at Disney / Marvel, I do not see that happening. Also the release schedule on TV+ is so weird, unless you happen to be a subscriber, you have no idea what is being released or when. Randomly a movie here or there. Some shows are released at once while others release 4 episodes at once or weekly from the beginning. I always forget there is an episode and that turns into 5 weeks and then I am too lazy to catch up.

Reactions: mazz0
Comment

Reason077

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2007
This won’t age well. 2 years from now, Apple will be the streaming giant clearly in the lead.

I don't think so. There's a loooong way to go to catch up with Netflix, Amazon, and Disney. Apple are unlikely to grow to that size with original content alone. But of course, growth by acquisition is always a possibility!

Reactions: GeoStructural
Comment

randian

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2014
It is part of their "This summer and beyond" trailer
Far beyond, apparently. December or later most likely, since I doubt they will want Invasion and Foundation running concurrently, and it's rare that series B's premiere announcement comes after series A's yet is dated before series A's.

Comment

steve09090

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
I don't think so. There's a loooong way to go to catch up with Netflix, Amazon, and Disney. Apple are unlikely to grow to that size with original content alone. But of course, growth by acquisition is always a possibility!
They have a 20% share in music. That’s pretty big.

Comment

mazz0

macrumors 68030
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I got quite into it during the second half (took me a fair few episodes to get past my feelings of "there's no way they could do that"). Season 2 seems to be taking forever!

Comment

Diskutant

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2019
YES! Finally! See was the first AppleTV+ series I watched, and I loved it.
I had hoped for a very different ending, but still can't wait for Season 2. Also I have no idea how to continue with the story as it is now, so it will be full of surprises for me, which is just the best.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.