Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of a July 23 premiere, Apple TV+ has shared the official trailer of "Ted Lasso" season 2.

The second season of the show has been widely anticipated and was teased by Apple CEO Tim Cook during the company's April event. For its first season, "Ted Lasso" has been nominated for and won multiple awards, including a Golden Globe for Jason Sudeikis, who plays the show's namesake main character.

The second season of the show, which consists of 12 episodes, premieres on ‌Apple TV+‌ on July 23. Season 2 of "The Morning Show," another hit series for the streaming platform, will debut on September 17.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Shares Official Trailer For 'Ted Lasso' Season 2 Ahead of July 23 Premiere

Last edited:

ph001bi

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2015
London

Ahead of a July 23 premiere, "Ted Lasso" season 2 has a new teaser video, shared on Twitter by Brett Goldstein, who plays Roy Kent in the hit Apple TV+ series.

The second season of the show has been widely anticipated and was teased by Apple CEO Tim Cook during the company's April event. For its first season, "Ted Lasso" has been nominated for and won multiple awards, including a Golden Globe for Jason Sudeikis, who plays the show's namesake main character.

The second season of the show, which consists of 12 episodes, premieres on ‌Apple TV+‌ on July 23. Season 2 of "The Morning Show," another hit series for the streaming platform, will debut on September 17.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Shares New Teaser for 'Ted Lasso' Season 2 Ahead of July 23 Premiere
The best thing to happen during this pandemic. I can't wait for this.

Comment

MareLuce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2010
I wonder if Apple timed this to coincide with the Olympics opening ceremony?

Reactions: Ar40
Comment

xnu

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
I really enjoyed this series. Much more than I would have thought. Apple has a few good shows going.

Reactions: Ar40 and ingik
Comment

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
When I first saw the original trailer I thought I'd hate this program. However, I decided to give it a go one night when I was bored and was blown away by how good it is: I absolutely love Ted Lasso and will happily admit I was dead wrong with my first impression!

Comment

anakin44011

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
This is the most charming TV show I've seen in well over a decade.

So many other great shows are terrific & engaging, but leave you feeling like s**t after watching an episode (Breaking Bad comes to mind).

An episode of Ted Lasso actually makes me feel better about humanity.

Comment

thogin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
It's a good show (only part way into s1) but the Apple product placement is a bit overbearing. Almost every scene has an iPhone, Mac or iPad in it. All the headphones are Beats. When a character is talking on their case-less iPhone, the actor carefully rotates the phone so you can see the Apple logo on the back. It's distracting at times.

Comment

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
This looks amazing. I already love the idea of "evil Led Tasso". LOL

Reactions: xnu
Comment

TheSapient

macrumors regular
May 26, 2017
We picked up Apple TV+ specifically for this show. Unfortunately, the Apple TV app for our TV is terrible, with so many compression artifacts that watching is painful. The writing and dialog is near perfect, and I'm excited for the new season. But I think I'll be dropping the service for a while in the hopes that the app (which only became available at the beginning of June) will improve with time.

• Angry
Reactions: NetMage
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.