Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

"Little Voice," a half-hour coming of age drama created by J.J. Abrams, Sara Bareilles, and Jessie Nelson is set to launch on Apple TV+ on Friday, July 10.

applelittlevoices.jpg

"Little Voice" follows Bess King, a talented performer who struggles to fulfill her dreams while navigating rejection, love, and complicated family issues. Apple says the "intensely romantic" show is about "finding your authentic voice -- and the courage to use it."

The series, which is produced by J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions, will feature original music by Sara Barellies. J.J. Abrams, Barellies, Ben Stephenson, and Jessie Nelson are executive producers, with Nelson writing and directing the first episode.

Stars in the show include Brittany O'Grady, Sean Teale, Colton Ryan, Shalini Bathina, Kevin Valdez, Phillip Johnson Richardson, and Chuck Cooper.

Article Link: Apple TV+ Show 'Little Voice' From J.J. Abrams and Sara Bareilles Debuting on July 10

Reactions: Ar40

glindon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
They won’t. It’s one time per Apple ID.
One has to wonder how many people will end up paying for a month by accident, and how many millions of subscribers will cancel once the trial ends. I swear Apple has a committee that sits around doing nothing but seeing what people don’t want to watch and never asked for and green-lighting every terrible show that every other studio passed on.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
One has to wonder how many people will end up paying for a month by accident,

Seeing as how Apple gives you notice before it ends, I suspect not many. Also, if you were let it slip a week or so, a phone call would get it resolved in your favor.

Or, do the responsible thing and set a reminder for the appropriate date to cancel. Easy. Do it right now!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Besides the Morning Show, I like Dickinson, Little America, Servant and Defending Jacob so far. I think I'd like The Banker and am looking forward to Little Voice as well.

• Love

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
It’s funny — the lead actress on this was just on a show on FOX with pretty much the same logline: STAR from Lee Daniels.

ani4ani

Cancelled
May 4, 2012
I’m watching the date my free trial ends so I don’t get charged for another subscription. Jokes aside, I wonder if they will give another free year if I buy another iPhone. If not there’s no way I’m paying for Apple TV+ in its current state.

In the UK we get a one week trial; I’m waiting for the Greyhound and Masters of the Air to be available before starting my trial; need enough content for something to watch every day otherwise the trial would be wasted /s

• Disagree

eicarr

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2005
Weird. Apple has tons of $$$ but is going after producers like m night shamalon and jj abrams that have alienated viewers who now avoid their projects not out of anger due to disappointing prior movies but are fearful of wasting their time again(especially with long-form tv shows). Apple is seemingly actively trying to make me lose interest in Apple TV

• Disagree
Reactions: Ar40 and decypher44

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
I'll give this a shot. I like JJ Abrams and Apple TV+'s track record has been impressive. Nearly all the shows I enjoyed were ones I had no expectation of liking.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
Thanks to their industry best streaming quality, I give every show they release a chance. I look forward to trying this one. For some reason I thought JJ went to HBO, but maybe this was done before he signed that contract.

• Haha
Reactions: decypher44
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.