Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Odysee

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2007
Manchester, UK
It's still new, very new infact - give it time.

I had a look at some recent TV shows on there and there does seem to be some nice original series, however, the collection is bare minimum and for me, doesn't justify the monthly cost.

But give it time. :apple: :)

Reactions: jbachandouris

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Got it free. Made it to 4th episode of See.

Need to see For All Mankind...

Zero chance of renewal at this point, though a year is a long time so we'll see...

Whereas I signed up for Disney+ just for The Mandalorian and I'm ok with paying just for that. The kids are interested in it too, so that makes it easier to justify.

Last edited:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Really unimpressed with shows on AAPLE + TV, trying to be " on the right side of the argument" A bit of controversy and action would not go amiss....
What did you think of how they handled what most folks would consider the wrong side of the MeToo movement in The Morning Show?

Timothy Leo Crowley

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2016
Yeah. I tried it for a few days. Didn't find anything I wanted to watch. We cancelled after about a week. I'll try it again in a year. I think it will get better as it matures. In the meantime, watching just about everything on Disney. Choice is great!

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
That would, objectively, have to be the side that defends rapists/sexual predators.
I agree, but did they do that ?
I've watched all of it and IMO, they give a good account of the scheming behaviour of the miscreant. Especially at the end when there's no possibility of misinterpreting his attitude and behaviour.

Reactions: Meuti

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
Odd that you couple controversy and action like that, but I think you’re wrong either way. Watch See and For All Mankind for some excellent action. Watch The Morning Show for a balanced and nuanced view of a controversial issue and an individual controversy.
[automerge]1577409208[/automerge]
That would, objectively, have to be the side that defends rapists/sexual predators.
We might all agree that rape is wrong, but that’s actually still subjective, not objective. Right and wrong are always subjective, however obvious they may seem.

Stoomkracht

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2019
I need escapist tv. Apple would do good to buy Hooten and the Lady (which was cancelled after one season/8 episodes) and get a season 2 going. Nice adventures that dont take itself too serious and exotic locations and good production value. I really had it with all these slow serious over drawn story arcs that keep throwing new mysteries and setup drama at you while getting nowhere ;) episodic adventures with a bit over coupling arc is it for me.

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
I finally caught up on Servant, and both my wife and I find it riveting. We haven't talked this much about a show since the Twin Peaks revival a few years ago. It's far beyond what I personally expected from the service, which I honestly expected to stumble out of the gates.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
The only one show that I have absolutely no interest in and have heard is straight terrible is "Truth Be Told." I'm not even gonna bother watching 1 episode.

However, I have seen the entirety of The Morning Show, Servant, For all Mankind and Dickinson. TMS, For All Mankind, and Servant are great in my opinion. Dickinson was not for me, but was OK.

I'm 3 episodes in to See and I think that is great also.

I guess we have different tastes.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
The Morning Show and Servant are the only above average shows on Apple TV+. I’ve already watched the former and there’s only two episodes left to finish the latter. After that it’ll be a void. I think Apple should speed up the pace at which new content is released otherwise people might just lose interest and unsubscribe (I’m on the free year but if I wasn’t I’d probably unsubscribe after finishing Servant).

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
The Morning Show and Servant are the only above average shows on Apple TV+. I’ve already watched the former and there’s only two episodes left to finish the latter. After that it’ll be a void. I think Apple should speed up the pace at which new content is released otherwise people might just lose interest and unsubscribe (I’m on the free year but if I wasn’t I’d probably unsubscribe after finishing Servant).

Whaaaaaat?! For All Mankind is fantastic!! See gets good too after about three episodes (but the beginning is hard to get past).

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
The only one show that I have absolutely no interest in and have heard is straight terrible is "Truth Be Told." I'm not even gonna bother watching 1 episode.

However, I have seen the entirety of The Morning Show, Servant, For all Mankind and Dickinson. TMS, For All Mankind, and Servant are great in my opinion. Dickinson was not for me, but was OK.

I'm 3 episodes in to See and I think that is great also.

I guess we have different tastes.

I really love Truth Be Told. Who said it was terrible?

Reactions: Breezygirl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.