Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rexone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
We've owned AppleTVs since gen 1 & love them but... there is stuff that drives me crackers.
Example - why when you go to areas like 'Recently Purchased' or 'Recently Added' does it only display by song, not album?
Seriously.
Why?
I don't understand.
Can this be changed or is this one of those things that is becoming increasingly common with Apple these days where techs who seemingly never use various features decide how something should work?

rexone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Not sure it can. For movies this arrangement works great to be honest.
No argument from me there but it's pretty darn stupid for music.
If I've imported or purchased, I dunno' 15 albums in the last month (not unusual in our house with teens & I buy heaps of music etc) then you end up with enormous amounts of material to scroll through & then you can't just hit shuffle for the whole album. You can only play the one song...
I can understand why they may think it's a good way to view things but I can't understand why you can't switch to an album view.
Anyhews... I sent feedback to the Apple black-hole that is their feedback system...

Reactions: tonyr6

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
No argument from me there but it's pretty darn stupid for music.
If I've imported or purchased, I dunno' 15 albums in the last month (not unusual in our house with teens & I buy heaps of music etc) then you end up with enormous amounts of material to scroll through & then you can't just hit shuffle for the whole album. You can only play the one song...
I can understand why they may think it's a good way to view things but I can't understand why you can't switch to an album view.
Anyhews... I sent feedback to the Apple black-hole that is their feedback system...

Don’t knock their feedback system, it has worked in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.